Treatment for Excess Skin That Can Be Pulled Out?

I am young and my facial skin is not saggy. There is much excess though if I pull it out. How do i get rid of this skin? I am now 22 and a senior in college. I lost 100 pounds when i was a senior in high school.

Sometimes my face is very chiseled and I feel great. I will get compliments on my looks and my self confidence is boosted. Other days, my face is very puffy and saggy. I do not get any attention and then have a lack of self confidence. This is not just for vanity. I know it is not just water retention. I could pull my skin out at least three times more then the average person. I've asked friends to compare. What can I do to fix this problem since I'm at a young age?

The picture I uploaded is me on the right, with the blue shirt.

Excess facial skin in a young person

+1

Thanks for your question. Although it is difficult to tell by your picture, what you describe is typically what is seen in Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. This is a disorder of collagen in the skin that allows it to stretch very easily. Unfortunately, there is no cure for this syndrome. Even doing procedures that reduce the amount of skin will be short lived. You may want to discuss this with your doctor to determine if this is in fact what may be the cause. Another finding in this disease is being "double jointed." Let us know what you find out.

Annapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon