Can I get rid of excess skin on the upper eyelids? (Photo)

I'm 18 and I have excess skin on my eyelids. I will visit my doctor soon to talk about this, but I think it's because of my genes, my mom have the same thing. Can I get rid off excess skin by blepharoplasty?

Young patient for blepharoplasty

+2
Although 18 years of age is young, it is not unheard of to have a blepharoplasty if there is congenital excess skin or eyelid ptosis.  Best to see a plastic or oculoplastic surgeon for an in person exam.

Excess skin upper eyelids

+2
Although 18 is quite a young age to be considering this, an upper blepharoplasty is technically the correct procedure for your upper eyelids.

Roy Ng, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Can I get rid of excess skin on the upper eyelids?

+2
Though possible at your age of 18 very doubtful to do upper lids skin removal. Best to wait til in your 20s..// 

An upper eyelid blepharoplasty will remove the excess skin.

+2
You are very young for this type of surgery.  But if bothered by this skin, an blepharoplasty should easily remove it.  

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Upper eyelid problems and Blepharoplasty

+2
Upper eyelid blepharoplasty is essentially the removal of excess skin. This typically causes extra folds and rolls of skin, as shown in your picture. It also can cause the skin to hang so low that it blocks vision (not in your case).

An upper eyelid lift or blepharoplasty is exactly what would correct the problem you describe.

Best of luck

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Possible upper eyelid surgery

+2
In an upper blepharoplasty procedure, skin is removed from the upper eyelid and sometimes fat is removed as well.  It would be very unusual for an 18 year old to need any upper eyelid surgery however.  You would need to be examined to determine if you might possibly be a candidate for such a procedure.    

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon