Mini Tummy Tuck Without Suturing Muscles?

I've had three children. Although I've been at my pre-pregnancy weight for years now, I still have loose, wrinkled skin under my navel. I've read up on the mini tummy tucks but I don't like the bit about messing with the muscles. My muscles are fine and I don't have any excess fat. It's just my loose, stretched skin that bothers me. Can a mini-tuck be done without the sutures on the muscles, or is there another skin tightening procedure that just removes excess skin?

Mini tummy tuck does not usually involve tightening muscles

+1
It is very unusual to tighten muscles during a mini tummy tuck. The reason is that if the lower abdominal muscles are tightened without tightening the upper abdominal muscles (as is done in a full tummy tuck) then there is often an unsightly bulge in the upper abdomen because the upper muscles rae still lax.

Be sure to discuss this with your surgeon. It is unlikely that he/she will recommend muscle tightening during a mini tummy tuck.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/surgical-procedures/result-oriented-tummy-tuck-abdominoplasty/

Mini-tummy tuck

+1

Each surgery is personalized by the condition and anatomy of the patient.  If your muscle are in good shape and you just have loose skin, then only the loose skin would probably need to be treated..simple enough.

Plastic surgeons are like chinese menus!

+1

Plastic surgeons are like chinese menus! We can perform one from column A and one from column B. As a resident I was trained to be flexible and creative. The different components of the procedure can be done as unique entities. In your place, just removing the excess skin makes the procedure easier, safer and less painful. Go For It!

Skin only mini, hybrid, or full abdominiplasty?

+1

Yes, we would call that a "skin-only mini abdominoplasty." However, I would caution you about this procedure, given your history. I would highly advise that you follow the recommendations of your surgeon in regards to the status of your muscle. I can assure you that if the muscles are separated, you will clearly be disappointed with the results of the procedure.

There are many reports in the blogs of patients who were bad candidates for a skin-only procedure and have been dissatisfied with the outcome. Ask your doctor about the status of your muscles and get a second opinion from experienced surgeons. IF both agree, I would be confident in proceeding.

Also, please realize that if you have loose skin above the umbilicus, this will not be remedied by a mini tummy tuck and may require a hybrid (or marriage) abdominoplasty or even a full skin only abodminoplasty.

Best of luck with your decision!