Excess Skin After Breast Augmentation

I had a boob job and they were never right. surgeon said do exercises push them in place, it didn't work. is there anything i can do? if i lay on my side skin falls round the implant and sits on the bed. 1 has more excess than the other.

Loose breast skin overlying breast implant

+2

IT sounds as if your implants were placed under the muscle but your breast tissue envelope remains deflated and loose acting independently from the relatively fixed implant. Without an examination, it is difficult to say, but I am guessing you would benefit from a breast lift.

Excess skin after breast augmentation

+2

If you have that much excess skin after a breast augmentation, perhaps you need a lift. If your implant is moving around, your surgeon may have to tighten the envelope that your implant is in as well. This could depend on several different factors and is hard to say without examining you.
Consult with your plastic surgeon on your options and go from there.

Dr. Speron

Sam Speron, MD

Loose skin after an augmentation needs a lift

+2

If you have had an augmentation and there is still loose excess skin that the volume of the implant has not draped, then ou need a breast lift to remove the excess skin and tighten the envlope.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Matching the skin envelope to the implants with breast augmentation

+1

There are a number of possibilities here, and one very important question is whether the implants are over or under the muscle. If they are over, and the skin envelope is lax, they will move around a lot and there aren't any exercises that will help. If your surgeon recommends exercise to push them into place then more likely they are under, but the muscle doesn't give any support laterally to prevent them from falling into the armpit when lying down. The best course of treatment will depend on whether the implants simply move too much, or the skin envelope doesn't match the size of the implants. If the latter, then a lift is needed, if the former, then the pocket may need to be adjusted. Your own surgeon is in the best position to advise on this.

Richard Baxter, MD

Loose skin over implants

+1

It is hard to say what you would need without photos. But if the skin is loose, you probably need a lift to be done to improve this problem.

Excess Skin After Breast Augmentation

+1

If you have had your breast augmentation and healed up completely (3-4 months), then chances are the loose skin is not going to change.  The only way to address this is by removing the excess skin directly in some sort of breast lift pattern.  This could be as easy as taking excess skin out around the areola, to needing more out under the breast as well.  It all depends on the amount of excess skin necessary to be removed.  I would discuss this with your surgeon and go for a second opinion if necessary.  I hope this helps.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Excess Breast Skin CANNOT be corrected by a Breast Augmentation

+1

Without a photograph it is impossible to address your specific situation. As a principle, the perkiness and projection of the breast depends on the ration between breast envelope and breast fill. It is a common mistake to attempt to take up all the breast skin slack / excess with large implants. It never works. The results are often inappropriately, disproportionate breasts which sag quicker (the implants expanding and creating MORE skin).

In these cases it is important to take out the excess breast skin with a customized breast Lift. The operation would remove the sagging skin and restore a balance between the skin and fill of the breast.

in your case, it sounds like you could use a breast lift. I would consult another plastic surgeon for his opinion. Good Luck.