Procedures for Excess Fat and Multiple Surgery Scars?

What can be done with excess fat and multiple scars from C-section, appendix surgery, and gall bladder surgery?

Mulitple scars and fat

+1

A tummy tuck will frequently remove many of the lower abdominal scars but the gallbladder surgery scar is a very difficult scar to remove or improve. Fat can be removed with liposuction

Procedures for excess fat and multiple surgery scars?

+1

Dear Movedsouth,

Fat can be removed with liposuction. The USUAL limit on how much can be removed in an outpatient setting is about 5 quarts of fat per procedure.

Liposuction will NOT remove scars and is unlikely to seriously tighten tummy skin. IF you had abdominal wall laxity (pregnancy, weight fluctuations etc), an Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) MAY remove the loose skin and fat of the lower tummy along with your appendix and C sections scars in ONE procedure. BUT - that operation may not be done safely or may need to me modified if your gall bladder surgery was done through one long scar under the right rib cage (Kocher incision); If it was done with several openings laparoscopically then you could have the tummy tuck.

I hope this was helpful.

Peter A Aldea, MD, FACS
www.TheBeautyDoctors.com