I Have Excess Fat in my Thighs, Stomach, and Back. What Are My Options?

I overweight and I have a lot of body fat. I really want to get this done before I get married next year. My weight is about 230 and my height is 5'5 . I really need to get most of the fat off. How much would this cost me?

Diet and excercise first

+1
Lipo is not for weight loss so I would start exercise and eating a better lower carb diet. You may be ready for lipo after getting down to a BMI that is safer for surgery. Good Luck You can do it!

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction for weight loss

+1

Liposuction is excellent for contouring but it is not a weight loss option although it is sometimes an excellent incentive for reaching ones target weight. Once you have done so reward yourself with a procedure to fine tune your results!

Be well and good luck!

Morgan E. Norris, MD, FACS

Liposuction

+1

You apparently are confusing liposuction with weight loss surgery and are assuming that removal of the fat will automatically remove extra skin as well. That is a dangerous thing to do. If you really want to lose the weight diet and exercise (which involve work and commitment) are best followed by bariatric surgery like the lap band procedure. Even if you could just surgically take out the fat what are you going to do with the extra skin. You need a medically supervised approach to weight loss followed by cosmetic surgery as needed/desired not only to look your best for your wedding but also to improve your health and increase your life span especially if you plan on having children after the wedding.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Liposuction for weight loss

+1

Liposuction is not indicated for weight loss.  Your BMI (body mass index) is 38.3; obesity is defined as a BMI greater than 30. Your risks of any surgery are also increased.  You should lose weight to less than 180 lbs. (BMI of 30) for a safer and better result.

Ricardo Izquierdo, MD
Oak Brook Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of multiple areas

+1

I think your first goal should be to ge to your goal weight before seeking treatment to reduce fat in select areas.  Liposuction is not a treatment for being overweight, but can help contour irregualrities when your weight is close to your goal.

Plastic surgery is not weight reduction surgery

+1

Based on your current height and weight, I recommend losing weight prior to having elective cosmetic surgery. Once you have reached a stable weight, you will then be a better candidate for plastic surgery, such as a tummy tuck or liposuction. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon before considering any body contouring procedures. You may also want to consult your primary care physician for some help with setting weight loss goals and strategies.  Best wishes, Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Options to Get Rid of Excess Fat

+1

Plastic surgery is not a good option to achieve weight loss. Even after major liposuction, a loss of more than 10 pounds is not common. Your best bet is to start a medically supervised weight loss program that includes dietary changes and regular exercise.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon

Have Excess Thighs, Stomach, and Back Fat . What Are My Options?

+1

As tempting and simplistic as it may seem, liposuction is NOT a cure for obesity. AT MOST, only 10 pounds or so may be removed with Liposuction in an outpatient setting. To lose your weight safely and fairly rapidly you should consult BOTH a nutritionist and a trainer. Just by cutting ALL the carbs you consume every day and increase your amount of energy use every day you WILL lose weight. Once you drop your weight to 180 pounds, your present BMI of 38.3 (close to morbidly obese) will go to under 30; a much healthier place. At THAT time, if you needed any body contouring and finishing touches the operation(s) would be safer and the result MUCH nicer.

Good Luck.

Peter A Aldea, MD

Surgery Not A Solution For Excess Weight

+1

With your present weight (230 pounds), you need to lose weight with diet and exercise rather than surgery.  Your weight places you at a high risks for complications from tummy tuck, etc.  Removing a very large volume of fat with liposuction is also very dangerous.

John Whitt, MD

Get your weight under control

+1

You need to go on a diet. Surgery is not the answer. Loose the weight, time for a little work on your part.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD