Excess Eyelid Skin. Starting to Look Crepey at 28? (photo)

Hi, I am a 28 year old female and have recently noticed a change in my eyelids- possibly it was there already but I hadn't seen! I have excess eyelid skin and my eyes seem to have become dowturned at the corners. The skin has taken on a 'crepey' quality. My once wide eyes have become tired and closed looking. This is at the same time as noticing a significant loss of fat in my face and under the skin. Both eyes feel somewhat 'heavy', although my left eye especially. Any recommendations???

Genetic changes..

+1

It appears you may be experiencing some natural genetic changes. If you are engaging in excess sun exposure, tanning or smoking, I would encourage you to stop. If you are dieting or doing a “cleanse” you can lose facial fat. I would also consider allergy as a possible factor.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Options For Excess Upper Eyelid Skin

+1

It is hard to tell from the photos you sent but there are several things you can think about. While a very conservative blepharoplasty could be performed, it does not look like you have enough extra skin to warrant this procedure at this time. An Erbium laser procedure would be a reasonable option and would cause some tightening of the upper lid skin with about 5 days of redness. The other thing that most people don't realize is that one of the earliest signs of aging (especially if it is combined with some congenital early drooping) is that the eyebrows start to come down. It is impossible to tell without an evaluation, but it may be that you have had a slight drop to your brow. This pushes some of the brow skin onto the upper lids, making it look as if there is too much upper lid skin. If this is the case, you could start with an injection of Botox underneath the lateral aspect of the eyebrow, which would elevate the brow slightly, pulling some of that extra upper eyelid skin upwards, making your lids look better. This would be an easy, non-invasive, relatively inexpensive (probably only 10-12 units total) way to start this process and may be a good place to start.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Photos are not ideal

+1

Unfortunately, the photos you have posted are not ideal for us to give you an adequate recommendation.

If the skin changes are mild, you might benefit from an Erbium laser resurfacing along.

If you decide to explore this further, I would recommend consultation with an ASOPRS trained Oculoplastics surgeon. You can find one close to you on the ASOPRS dot org website

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid symptoms in a younger person

+1

It's difficult to tell from the photos you sent whether or not eyelid surgery would be of benefit.  Have a consultation with an actual plastic surgeon, who does eyelid surgery routinely.  He or she can then examine you in person and give you some options.

Michael Leff, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon