I have excess creases/folds under the crease of my eyes. What can I do to smooth my eyelids and make it less noticable? (Photo)

I am 31 years old and I have excess creases and folds underneath the crease of my eyes. I have always had multiple folds but nothing really noticeable. It seems like it has gotten worse over the past couple of years. I am not sure if it is stress related or what? But I am trying to see if there is anything I can do about this?

Options are always available

+1
and you need to weigh the pros and cons before jumping in.  Can skin be smoothed?  Yes and this could involve resurfacing or excisions.  Can the hollow be filled?  Yes... with fat grafting or dermal fillers.  Should you do this?  Only you can decide after you have received all of the information you can about the procedures.

Eye creases and folds.

+1
What you have is normal your eyes are pretty and you should leave them alone. No surgery.    

What can I do to smooth my eyelids ? (Photo)

+1
There are techniques to address almost any situation, but whatever you do should maintain the natural beauty, mystery, and emotion of your gaze.  The projection of your globe (eyeball) beyond the bony ledge upon which it sits causes the lower eyelid to face downward, cast a (dark) shadow, and create a sharp interface between the projecting lower eyelid and the vertical downsloping cheek.

One of my solutions in this situation is a small implant placed upon the bone below the lower eyelid to project the infra-orbital rim (upper cheek) a bit. It's permanent, and patients usually love the result.

Steve Laverson, MD

This is a pretty small issue that does not justify lower eyelid surgery.

+1
Botox would directly treat this but it only lasts a few months.  Perhaps you could find an injector you are comfortable with and accept having maintenance on this.  Filler could also address this but the treatment is fussy. Still filler is likely to last about a year at a time.  Fraxel may not give enough tightening to improve this.  Still I would recommend exploring these options over having surgery as a way to address these wrinkles.

I have excess creases/folds under the crease of my eyes. What can I do to smooth my eyelids and make it less noticable?

+1
I would perform and upper and lower conservative blepharoplasty. No fat removal. In addiiton, I would try and correct the very prominent muscle that is clearly evident from your photo.

Always seek out a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery with years of experience in performing the procedure(s) that you are contemplating. Good luck

Jose Perez-Gurri, MD

Creases

+1
Thank you for the photos and an upper lid blepharoplasty with removal of the excess skin should correct the problem

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon