Excercise After Tummy Tuck. Now I Have Pain? (photo)

I'm an endurance athelete, totally addicted to the gym. I had a tummy tuck and it killed me to take 6 weeks off. I've been getting back slowly but am pushing too hard. I have pain in my solar plexus and my abs feel funny. I called my doc but I feel more honest online. I just threw up after resting for a day and now my upper abs hurt again. Am I doing damage? If I stop now, will it heal or have I possibly ruined it all? No visible signs, just odd discomfort.

Sounds like you may be overdoing it

+1

Thank you for the question and photo.  Some soreness is to be expected with the resumption of exercise after a tummy tuck.  If you are hurting too much you may be pushing yourself too much.  You have invested a lot of money and time into getting your tummy tuck and you will not want to decrease your result. I recommend that you start slowly and advance only as slowly as your body allows.

Dr Remus Repta

Exercise after Tummy Tuck?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone the tummy tuck operation.  Of course, your plastic surgeon is in the best position to advise you about returning to specific activities.  He/she is in the best position to rule out complications as well.

The advice you receive online can only be general advice.    The only advice I can provide is to “start slow” and listen to your body as you progress.
Again, always best to check with your plastic surgeon regarding specific activities,  specially if you are experiencing any discomfort…

Excercise After Tummy Tuck

+1

Congratulations on a nice result. 

It is quite unlikely that you have done any damage. By six weeks the "burst strength" of the healing tissues has reached 90% of their maximum, and your tissues should tolerate exercise. 

The sensations you are having are quite common, and might well occur after six weeks off exercise even without surgery. Specific individual issues will not be figured out online, so if issues persist, another call to your surgeon is your best bet. 

Thanks and best wishes.