I Have Had Excellent Results with LATISSE, but Now What?

Have been using latisse for over 4 months. Had amazing results, but should I stop now? Should I continue forever? I am afraid that if I stop my eyelashes won't be as long, thick and dark, but, on the other hand, I am afraid to continue to use this prescription product forever, non-stop. Should I take a break and then re-start? I don't want to lose what I have achieved so far. Thank you

Maintaining the effects of Latisse

+1

To maintain the effects of Latisse - longer, thicker, darker eyelashes - you need to continue using the product.  Although the manufacturer recommends continued daily use of Latisse, most patients will be able to maintain what they have gained with use of the product two to three times per week.  Be sure to space the treatment intervals equally to achieve maximum effect.  

Web reference: http://www.VincentLeporeMD.com

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Latisse maintenance

+1

Now that you have had amazing results with nightly use of Latisse, you can cut back to 2 to 3 times per week for maintenance.  If you discontinue it entirely, as your lashes fall out normally, they will only regrow to their former length.

Toronto Dermatologist

Lashes

+1

Latisse prolongs the growth cycle of the lashes with maximun results in 16 weeks.  You lashes will revert back to their original condition if you discontinue its use.  Some clients have had success reducing their application to two or three days a week after reaching the desired results, but this varies per individual. You could certainly give it a try and if you see a reduction in lash lenght and volume, return to daily use.

Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Continued Use of Latisse

+1

Latisse solution is a prescription treatment used to grow eyelashes, enabling them to grow longer, thicker, and darker. Users can expect to experience longer, fuller, and darker eyelashes beginning at eight weeks, with full results present in 16 weeks. Continued use of Latisse is necessary to maintain long, thick, dark eyelashes, as discontinuation will gradually return eyelashes to their pretreatment appearance.

+1

If you are happy with the length and thickness of your eye lashes after four months, cut back and apply once or twice a week to maintain them.  If you stop completely they will eventually return to their normal lenght and thickness.

Stop using Latisse, stop the effects.

+1

I wish we had better news, but once you stop using Latisse, your lashes will return back to the way they were. Latisse works on the growth cycle, like when you begin it takes about 6 weeks to change the cycle. 

This should have been explained to you before you started the treatment when you had a consultation with a doctor.

If you want to take a break but keep the look, you could consider eyelash extensions. You can even apply Latisse with semi-permenant extensions so when they fall-off naturally, you have your Latisse lashes ready-to-go. We had had great success with this protocol when people start Latisse but have an event going on in the near future or cannot 'wait' for the results. 

Latisse has been approved as a long-term treatment, keep on applying to maintain your look! 

Montreal Dermatologic Surgeon

Beautiful Lashes

+1

You have had an incredible result to using latisse. When my patients achieve their desired length and thickness, we recommend a maintenance approach. For maintenance you can apply the product every other or every third day. This strategy will maintain the beautiful results you have achieved.

Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon

Latisse

+1

We recommend that our patients use latisse every 3 to 4 days after they have obtained their desired result.  It's a popular product with our patients.  The results are great!

Latisse maintenance

+1

We advise patients to continue Latisse and use it every 3 or so days once they've achieved the look they want. There's no danger in its continued use. Using the product a few times a week will just maintain the look you already have and like.

Latisse after 3 or 4 months

+1

After 3 or 4 months, you can reduce the dosage to every other day or twice per week.  For most people this would maintain a satisfactory lash length.  The side effect that is most concerning to patients is the darkening of the lids margin but in some cases this can even seem to add to the effect of lash lengthening.

If applied correctly to the base of the lashes, the effect on the eye itself will be negligible and as the drop is used as a long-term treatment for glaucoma, it would not be damaging to the eye itself. 

San Francisco Ophthalmologist