Evolution of Breast Shape Post-op?

hello doctors please i need your help !!i had a lollipop lift breast with augmentation ( implants 350cc meduim profil 13cm diam+4cm projection ) so i'm now day 30 after my surgery and i'm scared cauz my breast look very ugly and very flat and more larger then projection !! i need to know if i wear a good push up Bra will help me to have a sexy shape ??? what style of bra will help to increase q sexiest shape !! thanks

Your (abnormal) shape is a result of the L-vertical lift being used when a better design was needed.

+1

Your long vertical incision was even tailored into an L-shaped scar in an effort to obtain better shape in more than one dimension, which is the main failing of vertical, lollipop, or circumvertical lift designs. Also, unless the vertical scar is "gathered" using appropriate suture technique, abnormally long scars all-too-frequently result, and crossing onto the chest wall beneath the breasts results in "compromises" with either additional crease excisions/scars and creation of distorted, flattened, boxy breast appearances.

Too many surgeons feel that the vertical lift provides additional support and decreases the risk of subsequent bottoming out that is sometimes seen with Wise-pattern (anchor) breast lift designs. I guess that "support" is because of the increased scarring along the vertical axis that this design incorporates! But by its inherent nature, a vertical lift that is either poorly -designed or used for the wrong patients causes bottoming out and distorted breast appearances (with bad scars) more frequently than anchor-pattern breast lifts, (which can also be poorly-designed and performed). The problem is that I see many more "bad results" with vertical lifts than I do with anchor lifts. So, as with many operations, it's not only about the choice of technique, but the choice of surgeon!

But my main concern with vertical lifts (including L-shaped or other variants) is that they remove skin in only one dimension, tighten skin in only one dimension, and have more variability in scarring and distorted shape than properly-designed and beautifully-executed Wise pattern (anchor) lifts that remove skin in both vertical and horizontal dimensions, creating a more attractive (sexy, if you wish) appearance in a majority of women who need breast lifting.

Trying for "less scarring" sure seems good, but "less shaping" and a poor outcome is a failure of both this vertical lift technique and the surgeon who chose it for your anatomy.

Brassiere choice will help to "push up" your new breasts for increased upper pole fullness and perhaps projection, but that will NOT change the nipple placement that is "too high" on your breast mounds, the fact that you will likely have undesired nipple exposure (spilling out of your bra top), and the poor scar placement you presently have. Surgical revision will be necessary, and conversion to a full Wise-pattern (anchor) breast lift can give you the shape, fullness, and improved aesthetic you desire.

See additional qualified plastic surgeons for more advice, and consider a full lift incision pattern for better results. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast shape changes over time

+1

The nipple to fold distance is long. A bra wil not help this issue. Visit with your plastic surgeon to discuss options. I would recommend you heal completely before undertaking any more surgery.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Implant position

+1

Implants that are place too low can be raised by raising the inframammary fold.  At 6 months postoperative the internal capsule will be developed to assist in plicating or pexing the fold. 

Gregory Diehl, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Shape after breast lift with implants

+1

As others have stated, there is a very long distance from the nipple to the inframammary fold (bottom of the breast).  Your nipples may have been positioned too high, or you may have experienced some bottoming out of the implants.  A push up bra is not going to fix this.  I would wait at least 3 months from your surgery before considering a revision.  At that point, you may benefit from a revision to your breast lift. Good Luck. 

Laurence Weider, MD

Breast augmentation together with breast lift

+1

Without knowing what you started with or what exactly was done it is impossible to know how you obtained the current result and very difficult to say what you need to do to fix it. I am sure that no bra in the world will fix your current situation. The main issue now appears to be the very long distance between your nipples and the skin folds under the breasts. It is difficult to say if that is because of the lollipop breastlift and/or lowering of the breast folds during dissection of the pockets for breast implants. Your most likely best option going forward is to complete an inverted T or anchor pattern lift by removing an ellipse of skin on the breast just above the fold.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Evolution of Breast Shape Post-op?

+1

I agree with Dr Rand, but in very specific cases the L-shaped lift has a place. I am doubtful you where a good candidate but no before photos posted. It appears from the post op photos you have either/or bottoming out ort too high N/A placement. Sorry 

Concerned about breast shape

+1

I am not a big fan of the vertical (lollipop) mastopexy and your situation demonstrates some of my reasons.  Your nipples are high and the vertical limb is very long.  All you can do, though, is wait 4-6 months and see where you are at that point as you will be totaly healed aound then.  Maybe ask again at that point.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS