Evolence - Does It Require a Skin Test?

Do I have to get a skin test before I try Evolence? I'll be in Canada next week and want to see what it's like.

Evolence requires no skin test prior to treatment

+2

Evolence is a dermal filler that is comprised of a natural collagen that is clinically proven to last at least 6 months. However, studies in Europe have shown this product to last about 12 months. The FDA recently approved Evolence in the United Stated in June, 2008.

Some physicians like to refer to Evolence as the ‘event’ filler due to its minimal side effects, such as bruising, redness, and swelling.

Evolence differs from other dermal fillers on the market because it is derived from highly purified porcine collagen. Porcine (pig) collagen is a preferred medical grafting substance because it is nearly identical to human collagen. Evolence requires no skin test prior to treatment.

Thanks for your question. I hope this helps!

Englewood Plastic Surgeon

Evolence skin test

+1

Evolence is unfortunately off the market.  It is still an excellent product and does not require a skin test.  Some physicians still have some stock left but may be getting close to expiring.  The hope is that another company will choose to market this excellent product.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

No Skin Test Required- Evolence No Longer Available

+1

Evolence was an excellent filler product.  While no skin test was required prior to use, Evolence is no longer available for purchase in the U.S.  Our hope is another company take over the marketing and distribution in the future.

Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

No Allergy Test required for Evolence

+1

To date, there has not been a substantiated report of true allergy to Evolence, which is derived from porcine collagen. Hopefully, some company will purchase Evolence from Johnson and Johnson and make Evolence widely available again to the U.S. consumers. The advantage of Evolence is that it may last slightly longer than Restylane or Juvederm and has a lot less risk of bruising as it has minimal humectant property (meaning that it does that draw water to the area of injection).

Web reference: http://www.drwilliamting.com/Fillers_for_Wrinkles.html

Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

No

+1

One of the advantages of Evolence compared to the grandaddy of all fillers, Zyderm, is that skin tests are not mandated. This is because, as Dr. Weiner, has noted, the allergenic, non-human part of the molecule has been eliminated.

Evolence, is derived from pig (porcine) collagen. Ironic isn't it, that it was developed by Israeli scientists.

Last week Johnson and Johnson decided to cease distributing this product. This was a financial decision, part of a large realignement of the company. They evidently faced stiff competition from the earlier to market hyaluronic acid fillers. I would look for another company to purchase this product as I think it is quite beneficial.

Evolence produces less bruising than the hyaluronic acid fillers and in my opinion, gives a more natural look. After all, the support structure of the dermis is due to collagen.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

No Skin test Required

+1

Although Evolence is a porcine collagen, the part of the collagen that is different than the human collagen is mostly cleaved off. There were no allergic reactions in the FDA trials. Therefore, the treatment can be done on the same day without any need for allergy testing. This is the one huge advantage that Evolence has over Zyplast and Zyderm (older collagen fillers).

Steven Weiner, MD Facial Plastic Surgeon, Destin, Florida.

You do not have to have a skin test before undergoing...

+1

You do not have to have a skin test before undergoing treatment with Evolence. In addition, you do not have to go to Canada to undergo treatment with Evolence. It is not approved by the US FDA and can be administered by physicians who have undergone training by the manufacturer.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.