Evolence Vs. Juvederm: Which is Better?

Is Evolence The Dermal filler really made from PIGS? I am a bit uncomfortable with the idea of pig remains in my face and lips. Are there problems unique to this product that don't exist with other fillers? What is the advantage over Juvederm? A doctor in my area, Raleigh, NC offers Evolence injections for a lot less than I'm paying another office for Juvederm. I like the lower price but I'm a little nervous.

Evolene vs. Hyaluronic acid fillers

+1

Evolence is made of porcine derived pure collagen. I cannot recall of one single true allergic reaction from its worldwide distribution. It lasts slightly longer and is less likely to bruise vs. hyaluronic acid (HA) filler such as Juvederm or Restylane. On the other hand, HA fillers are completely reversible with hyaluronidase and would be the only consideration for tear trough or lip augmentation.

Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Evolence has been pulled

+1

Evolence, a collagen filler derived from pigs, showed considerable promise but was pulled from marketplace due the company having inadequate funding to market the product successfully.

Therefore, Juvederm remains one of the premier fillers on the market (along with Restlane and Radiesse).

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Evolence versus Hyaluronic acid fillers like Juvederm

+1

Evolence is made from porcine collagen (pigs) and is widely used and used for several years now. I use evolence and the other fillers extensively and I have had a good experience with it. It tends to last longer than Juvederm and Restylane, on average around 1 year. It tends to hurt a bit more, so good anesthesia (ice, local anesthetic etc) is important. One problem with evolence is that there is no way to dissolve it (other than time), if you're not happy with it; hyaluronidase would not work on it as it would on juvederm or restylane.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Both are good but I use more restylane and juvederm

+1

Unlike Restylane and Juvederm which are made from hyaluronic acid, Evolence is made from collagen and that collagen is derived from pigs. Pig (porcine) collagen has been used for many, many years as an injectable filler as the collagen found in pigs is very similar to that of humans. That said, some people prefer not to use an animal based product for religious (muslim or jewish) or ideological (vegetarian or animal-rights) reasons.

The advantage to Evolence is that the price is lower and that injection related bruising and swelling are reportedly less than with other fillers. The main disadvantage is that if you get a lump with Evolence, it can take months to dissipate.

Restylane and Juvederm are more costly but if you do get a lump or unevenness, it can be corrected with an enzyme called hyaluronidase with smoothes out or dissolves the hyaluronic acid filler.

I do use all of the above mentioned fillers in my practice, but much less Evolence than Restylane or Juvederm.

Jonathan Hoenig, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon