Evolence Vs. Restylane, Which is Better?

Is the new Evolence filler that is coming out supposed to work better than Restylane?  I heard it is supposed to be less painful at least, but does it work as well or last as long as Restylane?

I Prefer Juvederm Prevelle Silk or Restylane to Evolence

+4

Evolence is a porcine (Pig) derived collagen product used to provide soft tissue augmentation. Although no allergic reactions have been reported with Evolence, there have been several reports of nodule formation in the lips.

In my Raleigh, North Cariolina Plastic Surgery we do not use Evolence. I am more comfortable using Juvederm, Ultra, Juvederm Ultra PLus Restylane, Perlane or Prevelle Silk as a temporary filler and fat grafting for individuals seeking permanent results.

Web reference: http://www.michaellawmd.com

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Between the two, I prefer Evolence over Restylane.

+3

Evolence is a dermal filler that replaces lost collagen in the face with natural collagen that is clinically proven to last at least 6 months. However, studies in Europe have shown this product to last about 12 months. The FDA approved Evolence in the United Stated in June, 2008.

Evolence is recommended for the correction of moderate to deep facial wrinkles and folds, such as the nasiolabial folds (smile lines), and boasts immediate results with minimal-to-no bleeding, swelling, or bruising. Some physicians like to refer to Evolence as the ‘event’ filler to its minimal side effects.

Evolence differs from other dermal fillers on the market because it is derived from highly purified porcine collagen. Porcine (pig) collagen is a preferred medical grafting substance because it is nearly identical to human collagen. Because of this, and unlike other animal-based collagen fillers, Evolence requires no skin test prior to treatment.

In comparison, Restylane is comprised of hyaluronic acid filler which last around six months. It has been available in the United States since 2003. Restylane is useful in treating fine lines and wrinkles in addition to mild to moderate facial folds.

Between the two products, I prefer Evolence because of its ease of injection and minimal side effects.

Thanks for your question. I hope this helps!

Englewood Plastic Surgeon

Evolence has recently been approved in the United States...

+3

Evolence has recently been approved in the United States but has been in use in Europe since 2004. As far as pain, there is no evidence to a difference between Evolence and Restylane. There is a study recently published in Dermatologic Surgery which shows that Evolence lasts at least as long as Restylane to 6 months. In addition, the maker of Evolence has received approval to say that it can last 6 months up to a year; Restylane can only say it lasts up to 6 months.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon