Everted Closure Scar Excision? (photo)

I had a scar excision on my face done with everted closure&vertical mattress sutures to keep tension away from the incision line. Then I read that vertical mattress suture are rarely used on the face because it causes scarring. I am worried now. Did I replaced the scar with a worse one? I knew I was going to have a line but I thought it would be flush with my face. Aside from the swelling, Does this looks normal? Will it heal flat? Is it normal to have this high of a ridge on an everted closure?

Scar revision techniques for deep scars on the face and body in Los Angeles

+1

Time will tell. Eversion is an excellent closure technique to reduce indentation of a scar.  The ultimate scar will depend on tension factors as well as the compliance of the skin. 

Everted scar closure

+1

An everted scar closure will typically flatten out with time while an inverted closure will never come up to level.  Make sure to get the sutures out in a timely fashion so they don't leave railroad tracks.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Scar excision recovery

+1

It's impossible to tell you how the scar will ultimately look after it's healed.  I can tell you that the appearance of the scar will change quite a bit from the way it looks now.  Once the sutures are removed, it will begin to flatten out.  It will take months until you can judge the result, as the healing will take that long.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon