How Can I Even out my Cheek Muscles?

I went to a doctor and they said my left cheek muscle is bigger than my right cheek muscle because I bite on my teeth more on one side than theother. I want you to please help me find excersizes that may decrease the largeness of the left cheek muscle. May I ask what type of doctor you are? (non surgical options)

Cheek asymmetry

+1

Your masseter muscle is larger on your left cheek than your right.  It may be caused by chewing more on the left side.  You could try chewing on the right side to see if it helps even out the muscles but Botox injected into the left masseter would help decrease its size.

Toronto Dermatologist

Botox Injections for Masseter Muscle Reduction

+1

The muscles to which you refer are the jaw (masseter) muscles, there are no cheek muscles per se. The size of the masseter muscle can be reduced by repeated Botox injections. Its effects can be seen quite quickly but must be repeated three or four times over a year to have a sustained effect.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com

Asymmetic cheek muscles

+1

there are two muscles (one on each side of the vertical aspect of your jaw), they are the masseter muscles.  If you clench and/or grind your teeth then those muscles are contracting.  Many times, there is one side of the jaw that is more heavily used than the other and THAT side tends to be larger (hypertrophied).   Headaches, face aches, tender jaws and temples are the hall-mark.  Injections of neuromodulators into the muscle to decrease the activity or a very custom made "bite block" that you wear at night will help with this. 

The other thing that your doctor needs to ensure is that this is truly an enlargement of the muscle....and not a swelling or possible tumor the salivary gland of the cheek.  The gland is the parotid gland.  This is evaluated with a CAT scan

Detroit Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek Asymmetry

+1

There are several non-surgical options to help make more symmetry between the two sides to either slim down the larger cheek muscle or to make the other side fuller.  If you choose a non-surgical option, please know that the results will not be permanent.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Web reference: http://www.kimberlyleemd.com/about-us