Full Tummy Tuck, Lipo, and Muscles Tightening? (photo)

Hi Im 41yrs old mother of 11yrs old girl which i had through cc which i have never expirenced any pain or any disconfort from it, my scar is very flat and invisible now, i would like to know if the previous scar from the CC can affect then healing of the Tummy Tuck scar? also which are the best food and drinks during recovery time? can i take some proteins, minerals, and vitamins cupsules? 11yrs after giving birth photos, Thank You

C-section scar and tummy tuck

+2

Your previous c-section scar will not affect the ability to perform a tummy tuck.  Post-operatively, I recommend a multi-vitamin and a healthy diet that is high in protein to assist in wound healing.  I would not take any over the counter supplements without reviewing them with your surgeon first, as some of them can thin your blood and interfere with the anesthesia.  Good luck.

Tummy tuck

+2

If your weight has been stable, at least  for six months, It seems like you are a candidate for tummy tuck. During this operation your relaxed abddominal muscles would be tighten up, some liposuction is performed and excess skin will be excised.  

Fereydoon S. Mahjouri, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Promoting wound healing

+1

Hello. You seem like you would be an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck. Your C-section scar would only be a problem if it is very low. I can not tell if this is the case judging by your pictures. Do to your pregnancy I would suspect that you could benefit from plication of the abdominal muscles along with the liposuction and tummy tuck but this will be assessed during surgery. As for certain foods or vitamins to help with wound healing, I would recommend that you just concentrate on eating healthy and exercising before and after surgery. Any vitamins that work as blood thinners should be avoided and be sure to inform your surgeon of any vitamins you may be taking.

Jaime Perez, MD
Tummy Tuck Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Full Tummy Tuck, Lipo, and Muscles Tightening?

+1

It appears that you are a good candidate for the procedures you are considering. In general it is hard to be deficient of key nutrients needed for wound healing on almost any diet regimen with the possible exception of some macrobiotic diets, so developing a healthy lifestyle and diet that you carry through and beyond your surgery is best. Check with your surgeon for a list of medicines and supplements to avoid. Typically only Vitamin E and omega fatty acids will appear on most lists, along with medicines that interfere with blood clotting, such as aspirin and motrin. 

Your caesarian scar will not be a hindrance to healing. Best wishes for a nice result and uneventful recovery.