Should I Go Through with a Rhinoplasty and Should I Think About Chin Reduction, or Not? (photo)

I am 17 and have wanted a nose job for a long time. I will start going to consultations with my mom very soon. The only thing that worries me is my chin. My chin seems a little large to me and I especially dislike how both my chin and nose look from the side. I feel like my chin sticks out a bit too far and I hate how my nose looks from the side altogether. I am doing this for myself so that I can be confident and don't want multiple surgeries. Will rhinoplastly make my chin stand out more?

Rhinoplasty and chin reduction

+1

The rhinoplasty procedure involves reducing the prominent features of the tip, bridge and removal of any hump,  and decreasing the projection when needed. When patients have a strong chin profile, its best to maintain the projection of the tip, to balance with a strong chin profile. A small chin reduction can also be performed at the same time as the rhinoplasty but may not be necessary. Virtual rhinoplasty software is available our website link  below

Rhinoplasty and chin reduction options

+1

It's hard to assess the profile of your nose from your photos. Brining in the projection of the nose would tend to make your chin look larger, though. It is possible to combine rhinoplasty with chin reduction should you want to do both procedures.

I suspect that computer morphing of both your nose and chin would allow you to get a better sense of how changing one area will affect the other.

You can do some morphing on your own using software on my website. Check out my web reference link to try it out.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

+1

A rhinoplasty to reduce the bulbous nature of the nose along with chin reduction will give the best overall result.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and chin reductions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty and chin surge

+1

I think you would get a nice result from a well done rhinoplasty. The chin can also be shaved down a little if you like at the same time. The change from the chin surgery will be only slight but the rhinoplasty will make a considerable improvement. Concentrate on selecting the best rhinoplasty surgeon. The chin issue is secondary and not as important as choosing the right nasal surgeon. Good luck!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Rhinoplasty and Chin Reduction

+1

The way to answer how the chin and the nose relate if either one or both are changed is computer imaging. Changing your nose only will likely make your chin looker bigger. Conversely, reducing the size of the chin will make the nose look bigger. Usually both rhinoplasty and chin reduction performed concurrently will produce the best profile result.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Rhinoplasty for the large nose possible reduction of chin.

+1

Rhinoplasty for the large nose and possible reduction of chin. Your nose has a very bulbous tip and can be refined along anything else that is needed. Your chin can be very slightly reduced since it is very prominent for a female. Choose a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who also does chin reduction.