Doctor Not at Appointments When I Ask Questions Or Have Issues?

I recently had an umbilical hernia repaired, full tummy tuck, and lipo. My dr was not present at the pre-op appt to answers my questions. Then, I popped a stitch in my hernia repair 5 days post op and he was not on call. He was also not present for my post op appt one week after surgery. The nurses have tried to answers my questions, but are limited. I am unhappy with the out come of my lipo, my skin is VERY saggy. I have requested an appt with the doctor to discuss my results. What should I say?

Lousy follow-up care

Yikes.  This does not sound at all right to me.  There are some things that should not be delegated and seeing patients who have questions or problems are right up there on my list.  If you cannot connect with your surgeon, I would establish care with someone else. 

But first, make absolutely sure that the staff is not stonewalling you.  Are you able to contact your surgeon directly via email or voicemail?

I hope everything turns out okay for you.