Too Much Juvederm, How Do I Sort This Out? (photo)

I had more Juvederm put into my lips on friday and I look and feel awful. please have a look at my pics and tell me its not right and what my options are. I have a show on Monday and i desperatly need to get this sorted. Also I'm getting mixed feedback, most of my friends think it looks nice and i have nothing to worry about but honestly I feel awful. Your honest opinion would be most helpful. Also, if i have it taken out can they put some in straight after?

Too Much Juvederm in the Lips

+1

Wait at least a week after Juvederm injection into the lips to determine if the volume is too great.  If you feel it is, hyaluronidase can be used.

Too much Juvederm?

+1

With a lip augmentation, satisfaction with the final result is often based on what the patient desires from the treatment. Sometimes, less can be more, but it depends on what you want. In your specific case, did you ask your physician to be conservative, and they put more product than you wanted? You can have the filler dissolved with the enzyme hyaluronidase shortly after the treatment. Once the treatment with hyaluronidase takes place following your decision to remove the filler, I would recommend waiting a little bit before adding more Juvederm. I hope this helps, and best of luck to you.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Too much Juvederm?

+1

If you are unhappy with how your lips appear, there is an agent to dissolve the Juvederm.  You may want to wait a couple of weeks before deciding what to do, as the lips swell after injection and need some time to settle.  Good luck.

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

How much Juvederm is too much?

+1

I agree with Dr Reddy. It's personal preference. Some people want a conservative treatment that looks natural, and others want a fuller more dramatic result. What's most important is what you are comfortable with. The beauty of Juvederm is that it is reversible so you are not stuck with a result you don't like  

Sam Naficy, MD

Juvederm to plump lips

+1

The amount of Juvederm that is injected into your lips is highly subjective.  If YOU feel that your lips are too big then you can go back and get hyaluonidase injected.  The only problem is that you will have to wait to get re-injected.  It will slowly resorb and my suggestion is to wait two weeks until it settles in before you rush to remove it.  Restylane is generally a more subtle injection and better for the lips.  Juvederm is thicker and can give you lips that you may feel are too big.  

Michele S. Green, MD

Juvederm in lips

+1

Lips tend to be a matter of personal opinion. If they are too large for your preference, hyaluronidase can be used to dissolve any excess.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Amount of volume in lips after Juvederm

+1

It would be nice to see your original lip photos and to know what it is exactly that you seek. Juvederm is a great filler for the lips as it is soft and natural feeling, and very safe. Also, just like restylane, there is an antidote for it, so if you're not happy, have your physician inject hyaluronidase to dissolve any excess that you might not like - it tends to work quite quickly. Best of success. Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip augmentation

+1

It is always helpful to see pre treatment photos, to know how much was injected, and how recently the injections were performed.

Are my lips right?

+1

Whether  or not your lips are right is a matter of personal choice. If you don't like them that is all that matters. Personally, I would like your upper lip to be smaller than your lower lip. Do not rush into doing anything this week if you have a show coming up as you might look worse instead of better for a while. You need to wait until your lips settle down after dissolving before putting more in.

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Lip fullness from Juvederm

+1

Fullness to lips is a personal choice.  I generally like to have my patient with a mirror in hand while we are injecting to get real time feedback as to whether we have reached your preferred level of fullness. I generally like to reach a point where I think it is enough and let my patient decide if they want more.    What seems a bit distracting with your lips is that the upper is much fuller than the lower.  The rule of thumb is the lower lip should be 55-60% of total lip fullness and the upper lip should be 40-45%.  You are almost the reverse.  There is a product that can be injected into hyaluronics which helps to melt some of the excess away.   It is not an exact science though, so realize that it may take several visits to gently deflate the lips over time. 

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon