Ethnic Rhinoplasty Plastic Surgeons - How to Find a Specialist?

I am an african american female desiring rhinoplasty. The problem is that there doesn't seem to be as many cases in my ethnic group, so finding a doctor with expertise is hard. Many PS have suggested that I look at their pictures on their website to get an idea of their aesthetic eye and what they believe to be aesthetically pleasing but they are almost always caucasian. How do i find a doctor that can do a good nose job on an ethnic nose? Any suggestions of doctors that specialize in this area?

Recommended rhinoplasty surgeons

+2

Having a quality consultation with a board certified facial plastic surgeon who can show you many examples of their work is key.  Besides showing many pictures of before and afters, in my practice we also have prospective patients speak to patients who have undergone the procedure as well.  This too can be very helpful.  In the Washington D.C. area, I would recommend Monte Harris M.D.  In the Miami area, I would recommend Dr. Jeffrey Epstein.  Good luck!

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

African American rhinoplasty is unique

+2

You are right that it is important to find a surgeon who specializes not only in rhinoplasty, but almost as importantly a surgeon who has a genuine interest in and expertise in African American rhinoplasty. Rhinoplasty in African American patients is a very different procedure in terms of not only the technical details, but perhaps even more importantly the aesthetic that you are likely looking to achieve. Take your time to find the right surgeon so that you get it done right the first time.

Peyman Solieman, MD

+1

Look at many before and after photos and if you liked majority of the results, then you have found your surgeon. Of course, he/she will be board certified in one or two specialties but bottom line what matters is the result.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ethnic Rhinoplasty

+1

A good rhinoplasty surgeon will get an excellent result regardless of the patient's ethnic background. However, it is reasonable to ask to see results in patients with noses similar to yours; i.e. African-Americans. Best of luck!

I don't agree you need a ethnic rhinoplasty specialist

+1

I don't believe that you need a specialist in this area -- you need someone who is very experienced in doing noses and has the ability to assess what you have, and what can be done. African American noses are varied -- some are no different from Caucasian -- and some are very different. What is important is what your expectations are and can they be obtained. A skilled rhinoplastic surgeon can assess the problem and give you a realistic opinion on what sort of a result you can expect with what you have to start with.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Rhinoplasty surgeon

+1

A good rhinoplasty surgeon is a good rhinoplasty surgeon.  Every patient is different and "ethnic" in their own way whether they are African -American, Asian, caucasion, etc...Speak with your surgeon about your concerns and go from there.