Ethnic Rhinoplasty in NYC

How do i find a doctor that can do a good nose job on an ethnic nose in NYC, one that (preferably) offers computer imaging and financing as well? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :) I am looking to do this ASAP! P.S. I've attached a pic of a young lady who had a nose almost exactly like mine and as you can see she's had surgery and looks amazing, that's sorta what I'd like as well, just to give you all a better idea of what I'm looking for.

Ethnic Rhinoplasty in NYC

+1

The ASPS website would be a good starting point for qualified surgeons. Dr. Nadia Afridi and Dr. Elizabeth Almeyda are two possibilities. Consult with 3 -4 board certified surgeons in your area to understand your options.

Ethnic Rhinoplasty Procedure

+1
What has been done here is tip refinement and sculpting, combined with alar base nostril narrowing- and likely some nasal bridge work. You need to do homework- make sure that your surgeon has enough before and after ethnic photos to instill confidence. There are particular challenges in doing rhinoplasty in individuals of African or Hispanic ethnicity, especially due to weak cartilages and thick skin- however, do your homework and you should be happy.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

You may achieve tip and nostril narrowing after well-performed Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+1

I read your concern and reviewed the photos of your friend. The best way to choose your surgeon is to start by doing some research. You should check credentials, training, certification, and number of  years in practice. You would also benefit from seeing photos of other patients with similar noses. Next, you could schedule several consultations to see if you have a favorable doctor-patient relationship.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Regards from NJ:

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Finding the right Ethnic Rhinoplasty surgeon

+1

The key in finding the right rhinoplasty surgeon is seeing that they have experience with correcting the concerns you have.

Regarding finding someone experienced in Ethnic Rhinoplasty, look at potential surgeons' before and after results to make sure you share a similar aesthetic.

Many rhinoplasty surgeons use office-based computer morphing (myself included). I find that it allows for a great dialogue with patients. The key with using the computer-based morphing is to really understand the limits of the nose and patient anatomy in order to show a realistic result.

Most large cities with a diverse patient population should have rhinoplasty surgeons experienced in the type of surgery you're looking for. Make sure they're a board certified facial plastic or plastic surgeon and have extensive experience with nose surgery.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Ethnic Rhinoplasty in NYC

+1

As others have said, any experienced rhinoplasty surgeon in a place  like NYC or other major American cities does a lot of ethnic noses. I tell all perspective patients on RealSelf to go to the website of the AAFPRS to find a list of board certified surgeons in their area.

Ethnic rhinopalsty in NYC

+1

To me everyone has an ethnic nose.  The goal is to provide a better softer look that the patient is happy with.  AS for computer imaging, I am not a fan and do not have one in  my office. I think it gives a false sense of the final result.   Good luck.

Ethnic rhinoplasty in the USA

+1

Based on our practice in Chicago, and as demonstrated on recent US census data, ethnic is the rhinoplasty of today. In a city such as New York with such diversity, any surgeon who practices rhinoplasty should be sensitive to the diversity of facial shape and form all around us. We too like computer imaging to 'try' various changes.

peterejohnsonmd

Ethnic- african American rhinoplasty in N.Y.C.

+1

Just as there are many great restaurants in the "Big Apple" there are many good and experienced board certified plastic surgeons who service  the many ethnic communities that make up and flavor our city.

I have been practicing in the Bronx since 1973 providing this proceedure for the African american,Hispanic and mestiso population. I would be happy to show a spectrum of cases in my office-consultations are free of charge

I do not show full face photos on line- even with blocked out eyes .

Barry H. Dolich, MD
Bronx Plastic Surgeon