Ethnic Revision Rhinoplasty - Swelling or Indication of Outcome?

I had revision rhinoplasty three weeks ago to correct a deviated septum, severely pinched nostrils, sloped bridge and most of my septum was missing. Rib cartilage grafting was performed to correct these issues. I have a few things working against me: I have medium brown, thick skin, it was a five hour open revision rhinoplasty, and I had grafting done. That being said, is it still normal that from the front, I have no indication of how my nose will look due to the gross amount of swelling?

3 weeks post-op

+1

Three weeks post surgery is still very early for you to judge the results of your surgery - especially with an open procedure and use of structural rib grafts.

Swelling after Ethnic Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

In a patient with thick skin and extensive grating I would expect significant swelling 3 weeks after a revision.  Be patient, but healing will take longer than we see in a primary rhinoplasty.

Rhinoplasty revision

+1

With all that extensive surgery you will start to see the results in about 6 months.

At the present time you are significanly swallen