36DDD, 370g Removed. What Will my Estimated Size Be?

Hi, my insurance company has approved my breast reduction surgery. My surgeon has to remove 370g from each breast. I currently wear a 36ddd. I work out every day, don't smoke, drink or do any drugs or prescriptions. I weigh 138-142. 63in small/medium build. (I lost 30lbs over past 1 year and kept off) With that being said. I still want to feel and look like a woman. Will I still have breast or should I prepare myself for padded bras. (which is fine, I really want the pain to go away.;o)

Breast reduction size questions

+2

Although it would be tough to give you a good estimate without seeing pictures, I would estimate you will likely be a D cup or so.  Bra size is difficult to predict as the different bra manufacturers use different sizes,  and people don't always wear the correct size.   In general, that size reduction does not sound like your surgeon is going to leave you "flat."  Good luck.

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction cup size?

+1

Unfortunately, there is no direct correlation between the amount of tissue removed and the ultimate cup size that a patient will wear after breast reduction surgery.

Before undergoing the breast reduction procedure it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastreduction.htm