Estimated Cost of Botox for Underarms and Forehead?

My doctor is charging me $1,900 to get my forehead and my underarms Botoxed. I want to get both the frown lines and the sweating off of my forehead, and the sweating off of the underarms. Is this too expensive?

Botox treatment cost for underarms and forehead

+1
This depends on the number of units you'll be receiving. Generally, clinics provide a per unit price, and you simply multiply that amount with the number of units administered during treatment. So, you may want to find out how many units your doctor will be administering.

Cost for injecting Botox for hyperhidrosis

+1
The cost of injecting Botox for hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating) is based on a few factors, most importantly the amount of units required to inject, and the expertise of your physician, ideally a dermatologist. The cost you mention seems reasonable, although many private insurance plans in fact pick up some if not all of the cost.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for Sweating

+1

In my practice we charge a lower price for a vial of Botox when it is used for sweating. Other practices may do the same.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Check Insurance First

+1

Most insurance companies do pay for this procedure as long as there has been a sincere effort with another therapeutic option. You would thus only have to pay a co-pay.

If you do not have insurance, Allergan is presently running a sample program for axillary hyperhidrosis, You might inquire to see if your dermatologist or plastic surgeon is participating in this program.

Without insurance, our office charges $850, for 50 units of BOTOX in each axillae. This would not include the forehead so you are receiving a fair price for New Jersey.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist

We charge $12 per unit of Botox

+1

To do the underarms we usually use 100 units and for the forehead we use around 20 units.

So the fees would be 120 X12= $1440.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for the underarms and forehead

+1

Typically at my office, when we know that an entire vial of Botox will be used on one client then we drop our price down to $9.50 per unit. The underarms require anywhere from 50-100 units per arm and the forehead takes 15-25 units, therefore you can expect to pay between $1,092.50 and $2,137.50. It sounds like the estimate you recieved is quite fair.

Michael L. Workman, MD

Botox Pricing for Forehead and Underarms

+1

Sounds like a good price to me. Pricing for those two areas could range anywhere from $1700 to $2500. If I were you, I would make that appointment.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Botox treatment of the underarms and forehead

+1

It seems to be a reasonable fee, as there needs to be considerable number of units for the underarms.  Keep in mind, that you will not be able to keep all the forehead dry as some areas should not be injected for fear of creating a droop of the eyebrows and eyelids.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Botox cost for underarms and forehead

+1

Sounds like a fair price. If I use 100 units per arm pit + 200 units + another 50 units for the upper face. Total units = 250 x $12 = $3000. If using only 50 units per arm pit than only 150 units are being used = $1800. So the range in fees in my personal practice is $1800 to $3000. I recommend 100 units per arm pit. Regards.

$1900 is a good price for Botox to forehead, frown lines, and underarms

+1

Stay with your doc because you are getting a good price for the botox for all the areas you are doing.  It is common to charge 1500 for under the arms and 500-600 for the forehead and frownlines between the eyebrows.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon