Estimated Bra Size After Removing 236 Grams During Breast Reduction?

I am a 5 foot 2 inches, 125 pound female that underwent a breast reduction almost 3 wks. ago. I was a 32e bra size previously and wanted a full B/ small C cup size. I'm still swollen but I am very concerned that my PS did not remove enough tissue. Can someone please tell me their best guess for my new bra size if the PS removed 236 grams from each breast? I know that 236 grams equates to approximately a half pound which doesn't seem like much. I had a breast reduction because of my back pain.

You can calculate breast reduction cup size.

+4

Hi.

Based on your measurements, you should now be approximately a 32D.  To get you to a C cup, 345 grams needed to be removed, and to get you to a B cup, 460 grams needed to be removed.  Of course, these are all approximate.

Estimated bra size after reductionperformed for back pain.

+3

Its dificult to guess what your bra size will be based on the  weight removed, without examining you.  Firstly, at 3 weeks after  surgery your breasts are still swollen and its too early to tell.   The swelling will improve over the next several months.  You will likely be 1/2-1 cup size smaller than you are currently once they have settled.  The question that needs to be answered is whether your back pain is better. If it is not, then will likely need further correction when everything is healed.

Short Hills Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction - Estimated Bra Size After Removing 236 Grams During Breast Reduction?

+2

Hi JerseyGirl1,

There are no absolute statistics that correlate grams to bra size.

In general, though, it's ABOUT 150-200 gms per bra cup size, with the smaller end if you're more petite and the larger end of that range if you're broader.  It's also less from a AA to an A, than from a C to a D.

So putting all that together, my guess is that you'll go down about 2 cups sizes.  If you were really an E (which is a DD), then you'll be some kind of a C.

Many women, though, don't wear the bra that they are "supposed to."  That's because bra sizes measure the ideal proportion of cup size and back size; those, however, may have little to do with what is comfortable, depending on the size, shape, and density of the breast tissue.  And how much extra skin there is.  A relatively small amount of extra skin (nothing personal...) can add an apparent cup size since you need a broader cup to comfortably support the skin.  But that doesn't mean that you were actually that size if you measure the breasts according to the "scale."

In the end, though, you're swollen now and once the swelling goes down you'll probably have a nice and proportionate result.  And if that's the case, and your pain is relieved, then the specific bra size will no longer be the overriding concern.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Web reference: http://www.bodysculpture.com

Cup size after reduction from a 32 E-cup

+2

The best guess for your cup size is a 32 D-cup after breast reduction. It can be difficult to predict cup size by the weight of tissue removed after a breast reduction, and often suctioning is combined to thin out and reduce the breast, which may no be reflected in the recorded weight of breast tissue removed. Based on the base width of the breast, most will fit into a D-cup after reduction. The issue can be more one of geometry of the breast shape rather than volume. Wait three to six months before sizing for bars.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/breast-reduction

Grams removed and final size of breasts

+2

It is difficult to tell you what size your breasts shold be after  the 236 gm reduction that you had.  Bra cup size does not always correlate to the grams.  Certainly this early post-op you are still swollen.

+2

Hard to be exacting but I would recommend waiting for 30 days so most of the swelling is gone. If still un happy than try liposuction or Smart lipo of the breasts to reduce under minimal surgery. 

Breast cup size after Breast Reduction?

+1

Thank you for the question. Congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery.This is one of the most patient pleasing operations would perform.

Unfortunately, there is no direct correlation between the amount of tissue removed and the ultimate cup size that a patient will wear after breast reduction surgery.  In other words, it will be very hard for your surgeon to predict the exact cup size you'll be after the breast reduction procedure.

Before undergoing the breast reduction procedure it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastreduction.htm

the average amount I tend to remove in a breast reduction it’s to 400-800 grams of tissue each side.

+1

Thank you very much for your enquiry, the average amount I tend to remove in a breast reduction it’s to 400-800 grams of tissue each side. A 236 grams per side would be relatively small amount of tissue to remove and it might be worth checking with your plastic surgeon that exactly the same amount of tissue which removed from both sides as it is unusual for the figure to be exactly the same.

I think it's sensible to let all swelling settle and not be too be alarmed under this stage because your breast will be significantly larger then when the swelling settles.

Six-eight weeks when the swelling is settled it will be worthwhile seeing your plastic surgeon again to discuss your feelings about your bust and maybe possible to perform a further procedure if appropriate.

Best wishes yours sincerely,

Adrian Richards
Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon
Surgical Director of Aurora Clinics

London Plastic Surgeon

Estimating bra size following breast reduction

+1

For a woman who wears a 32 bra, approximately 75 to 100gms need to be removed from each breast per cup size, though this may vary depending upon the shape of the breast and the surgical method utilized.  Bra size can vary widely both before and after surgery depending upon the shape of the breast and the brand/style of bra worn (several manufacturers are known for making bras with very small cups, increasing the cup size that you would require). 

Depending upon the method used to perform the breast reduction, breast size and shape can change significantly over the first six months following surgery.  Once the swelling has resolved and the shape stabilized, evaluate your result based upon how you look and feel, rather than the label on a particular bra.

Good luck.