Can Labiaplasty and Vaginaplasty be Performed Together and What are the Costs?

I want to remove excess tissue and also repair the vagina. After having a baby vaginally with an episiotomy my vagina just doesnt look the same. What is an estimate for these procedures? What about downtime?

Labiaplasty with vaginoplasty

+2

Labiaplasty and vaginoplasty are often combined. The labiaplasty can be done for discomfort or for cosmetic reasons, The vaginoplasty can vary depending on your needs.  You may need your vagina tightened, since the muscles and vaginal canal could have stretched with childbirth.  You might also have a bulge in the vaginal floor from your rectum or urinary leakage.  The perineum, which is the area between the vaginal opening and the anus, can be repaired after childbirth or episiotomy to give a more cosmetic appearance or to tighten the opening. 

Labiaplasty and vaginoplasty done at the same time

+2

Thank you for the photos. Labiaplasty is done mainly for cosmetic reasons and occassionally for functional reasons. There's a wide variety of shapes and sizes of the labia minora which all fall within the category of normal. It is hard to estimate how much redundant tissue you have from the photos, but this can be trimmed to be more appealling to you . A vaginoplasty is done for functional reasons, i.e. a wide vagina which leads to less or no satisfaction with penile vaginal intercourse. You can do Keigel exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor and improve muscle control of the vaginal canal. Based on a physical examination, your surgeon can decide if you would benefit from a vaginal tightening procedure by suturing the posterior wall muscles and removing some of the stretched out lining. This can lead to better or more satisfying sexual intercourse. The cost for these procedures can run between $6,000-8,000.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty and vaginal tightening procedures in Los Angeles

+1
I work together with an expert gynecologic surgeon who performs a vaginoplasty in conjunction with our labiaplasty procedures. The two areas of expertise go hand in hand. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Labiaplasty and Vaginoplasty can often be done together

+1

There is no reason why labiaplasty and vaginoplasty could not be done together.  The only reason I can think of is if a patient does not want to have general anesthesia and so prefers to do labiaplasty alone which can easy be done under local freezing

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Vaginoplasty / labioplasty in one

+1

good afternoon!

yes, not only can labiaplasty be done at the same time as vaginoplasty, it is a very common occurrence.  Many women feel that as long as they are already having work done, why not add another safe procedure that does not really effect down time.  Costs of having both together can be in the 5,000 to 10,000 dollar range.

I hope this helps

Robert Steely, MD

Can Labiaplasty and Vaginaplasty be Performed Together - How much ?

+1

Thanks for the question. Yes they can be performed together in fact they are best performed together and if patient want I do it together her in Dubai. As very well explained by so many other PS that one needs to tighten the muscles for vaginoplasty and do a reshaping and reduction of labia minora ( inner lip of vagina). It costs 8000 USD including all payments here in Dubai. It takes up to 4 to 6 weeks to heal completely and one must avoid sex till then.During the post operative healing period I like patents to maintain good hygiene in that area and I use 5 days of antibiotics after the discharge from the hospital. Its important to irrigate the cavity of vagina which is not so easily approachable for cleaning as it was before surgery.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty and vaginaplasty at the same time

+1

HI,

I frequently perform Labia minora reduction and vaginaplasty at the same time. The two procedures go well together. Since I use the wedge technique of labia reduction, this makes the labia tighter and helps to also decrease the aperture of the vaginal introitus (opening). In combination with vaginaplasty (introitus tightening) you will get an excellent result. The cost for the two procedures together including OR and anesthesia is around $8000. I have a youtube video which shows this entire procedure and have added a link to this answer so that you can find the video.I hope this helps.

All my best,

Daniel A. Medalie, MD

Daniel A. Medalie, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Can Labiaplasty and Vaginaplasty be Performed Together and What are the Costs

+1

Labiaplasty and vaginoplasty can be performed at the same time and the surgeon’s fee is 9800.00. 
The patient heal well when these procedures are done simultaneously.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Labiaplasty and Vaginaplasty usually performed same time

+1

Labiaplasty and Vaginaplasty are usually performed at the same time if both procedures are needed. The downtime is 3-6 weeks depending on the activity. The cost varies based on several factors:

1. Location - Will it be performed in a hospital with an overnight stay, an independent out- patient facility or a doctors office?

2. Type of Anesthesia - local, IV sedation or General Anesthesia? Will a board certified anesthesiologist or a nurse anesthetist be used, or an RN?

3. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best trained (and longest) would be a surgeon board  certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

4. Length and Complexity of Surgery - labia minora by itself or also labia majora, , how many areas, how long, etc

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Vaginoplasty/Labiaplasty

+1

Yes is the simple answer, The two procedures can be done together, and it is advantageous to do so as there will be only one recovery period and one trip to the operating room. The recovery from Labiaplasty is very quick, you will be comfortable after just a few days in general. The Vaginoplasty is a little more worrk and a little more invasive, it will take you a week to recover. In general you will have to abstain from sex for 6-8 weeks after surgery. The total cost ranges between 6500-8500. A caveat for all who look into these procedures, make sure your surgeon is well trained, this is a relatively new field of plastic surgery. Good Luck

Johan E. Brahme, MD