What Would an Estimate Be for a Columella Width Reduction?

I don't really want to change anything else about my nose but I feel that my columella / nostril base is disproportionately wide. I live in the SF Bay Area, what would an estimate be for this type of procedure?

Narrowing the Nasal Base

+1

The nasal base can be narrowed under local anesthesia at a fraction of the cost of a full rhinoplasty. Narrowing the columella, if necessary, would be done as part of the same procedure. Cost will vary depending on the experience of your surgeon. Changing the alar width and contour must be done exactly to avoid an unnatural appearance, so don't shop price.

Nasal surgery, rhinoplasty costs

+1

You could just have the width of your nostrils reduced by what is called an alar wedge excision. This is much less than a full rhinoplasty. Please email my office for exact pricing for we have recession specials. Also, watch my videos. I try and individualize and listen to what my patients want to achieve with their nose surgery. 

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Best Lower Third of Nose Reduction and Cost

+1

Hi Juliapeach,

The lower third of your nose can be refined without changing much else on your nose.  The cost will vary depending on the experience and skill of your surgeon.  Don't let cost be the deciding factor in choosing your surgeon as it can be much more expensive to have revision surgery.  Choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Columella reduction?

+1

What specifically bothrers you about your columella?  DO you mean nasal tip?  It is hard to see from the photos.

Cost for columella reduction

+1

The most important thing to understand about nose surgery is that when you change one thing it can often affect other things about the nose. Many patients have only one thing that bothers them about their nose but changing that can affect how other parts of the nose look. Computer imaging is sometimes helpful here and I encourage all my rhinoplasty patients to do this exercise with any prospective physician (not an assistant) to make sure there both patient and physician are on the same page before any surgery is performed.

Joshua Korman, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Wide columella

+1
It is rare that the appearance off the nose would benefit from just narrowing the columella . However if such were the case , it could be done for only a fraction of the cost of a rhinoplasty. The same general formula would apply if only an alar base reduction were to be performed.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty costs when columella or alar base are your main concern.

+1

Hi Juliapeach,  thank you for your rhinoplasty  question and photograph.  

It is great that you have a specific idea about what you would like to be changed, as this will make your consult more efficient.

The costs will vary between cities and can be less or more than the amount quoted on this page

• Consider scheduling a consultation with a Facial Plastic Surgeon or Plastic Surgeon to review your concerns about the alar base and columellar width.
  •  
  •  It may be possible to make only subtle changes to your  alar base  or columella, but we need to consider the overall balance of your nose to YOUR face an nasal tip. 

Best Wishes

Travis T. Tollefson, MD, MPH
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon