I notice I have a small chin. Am I Good Candidate for a Chin Implant? (photo)

Thinking about getting a chin implant after noticing i have a small chin ... Would i have a visible improvement?

Am I a good candidate for a chin implant?

+1

I think you would be really happy with surgery. I recommend a consultation with an experienced surgeon who has experience with chin implants and uses computer imaging software. This will give you an idea of the results you can expect, and will allow you to give feedback and express any concerns you may have.  It ensures that both you and your surgeon are on the same page prior to surgery. You may want to ask about a little bit of liposuction in the area as well for the best result.  Thank you and good luck!

Chin Augmentation Options

+1

You certainly have a significant short chin. Undoubtably some form of chin augmentation would be beneficial from a facial balance standpoint. But whether that should be done with an implant vs a sliding genioplasty would need to be determined by computer imaging. Once you have a horiizontal deficiency that is beyond 8 to 10mms and/or combined with a vertical deficiency, implants are not going to be sufficient.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Chin implant augmentation

+1

Thank you for including the photograph with your question.  From this single view I agree that you are a good candidate for chin implant augmentation.  There are a number of new implants that not only increase the projection on side view but can also add width if your chin is deficient on front view.  Spend some time in the mirror examining your chin from a few different angles.  The more likes and dislikes that you can communicate to your surgeon the more the choice of implant can be customized to meet your goals.

Chin implant augmentation is a relatively straight forward and affordable procedure.  Most people are happy with the look and feel of the implant and the procedure has relatively minimal recovery time compared to most other facial plastic procedures. 

Hope this helps.

Christopher Kolstad, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Yes to a chin implant

+1

Dear Edith,

• Yes, it would give your face a great overall balance
  • You can morph pics to give you an idea of what it would look like

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Chin implant

+1

Your profile will improve with addition of a chin implant. It will have to be of an appropriate size and not overdone.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Am I Good Candidate for a Chin Implant?

+1

Yes. A chin implant would cause visible augmentation in your chin and an improvement in your profile view. This is often combined with conservative liposuction under the chin and along the jawline to really enhance the appearance of this region. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon