Im 19 Years Old and Im Wondering if I Would Be a Candidate for a Chin Implant?

Been thinking of getting my chin done for a while now is it a good choice will i get a good facial balance?

Chin implant candidates...

+1

Cosmetic chin surgery is an excellent option for anyone who feels that their chin is not shaped correctly in relation to the rest of their face.  Chin augmentation adds proportion to the chin and provides balance to other facial features.  Good candidates for this procedure may include those who have a recessed chin along with a prominent nose, although you can simply have a small chin and be a good candidate for the procedure.  Ideally you need a consultation with a board certified facial plastic or plastic surgeon for a full facial evaluation to see how a chin implant might best balance your facial features.

Web reference: http://www.AssociatesinPlasticSurgery.com

Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Benefit of Chin Implant

+1

A chin implant will increase chin projection and improve facial balance in some patients. There are other techniques such as a sliding genioplasty which are better in some patients. Without pictures it is impossible to make recommendations for you.

Computer Imaging Would Help Decide If a Chin Implant is The Right Procedure For You

+1

The chin, along with the nose (and to a certain extent, the cheeks) all combine to give the face a balanced appearance. Sometimes, a small change in the chin can make a very big difference to the overall appearance of the face. At 19, you are certainly old enough for a chin implant. The real question  is whether or not a chin implant will improve your facial appearance. A consult with a board certified surgeon along with computer imaging would let you know if a chin implant is right for you. A chin implant is one of the easiest and most reliable procedures for computer imaging, and imaging would go a long way towards helping you decide if this is the right procedure for you. Good luck.

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant

+1

A chin implant works well to correct a receding chin. It is reversible if you donot like it. . Whether it is for you should be determined by a consultation.

Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Please post photos for a more specific answer. Chin implants, in general, are used to augment, reshape the chin or both. Most patients with a small chin are good candidates for chin augmentation. What type of implant could be used and the result that might provide you would require photos or a consultation.

I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/facial-implants/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implant

+1

Without seeing photos, I cannot determine if you have a need for a chin implants.  Chin Implant surgery is a great surgery for those who need it.  I would recommend you schedule a consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, certified by the American Society of Plastic Surgery (ASPS) to determine if chin implant surgery is right for you.