Erythema Ab Liporaspiration Vs. Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation Vs. Hemosiderin Staining After Lipo, Which One is It?

It has been 4 1/2 months since I had lipo of the stomach, flanks, bra line, and inner thighs. I still have what looks like faint, almost lacy-looking bruising on my hips and darker coloration on my inner thighs still. My doctor now thinks I have hyperpigmentation, rather than bruising. However, when I researched it, I came up with three options it could be that I listed in the title of the question. They all seem to cover my issue, though, so what is the difference between the three?

Hemosiderin Staining After Liposuction

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

This discoloration can be explained by hemosiderin deposition in the more superficial tissues.  This can improve over about a year's time.  If you had laser lipo or something similar, the discoloration in the skin can be result of the laser on the skin.