When Can I Start IPL Treatments After Erbium Laser?

I had Erbium laser about 10 days ago, my face is pink with no open areas. Can I start IPL treatments or should I wait?

IPL Treatment after Erbium

+1

Thanks for the question.

I typically wait no less than 4 to 6 weeks following an Erbium laser treatment prior to commencing IPL treatments.

Regards,

Glenn Vallecillos, MD, FACS

Erbium and IPL; when to start?

+1

we often wait 3-4 weeks after erbium/CO2 resurfacing to start IPL. It helps speed up the resolution of the redness in many patients.

Jeffrey Kenkel, MD

How long after erbium until IPL treatments can be started?

+1

Usually, if IPL is done prior to erbium resurfacing, there is no waiting time between the procedures.  They can even be done on the same day.

The skin should be completely healed after erbium resurfacing before IPL is performed.  The amount of time needed for that depends on how deep the resurfacing was and on your skin's healing properties.

Once the pinkness and scaling are done, then you can do the IPL.  It may surprise you, however, that some of the skin discolorations that you want to treat with IPL may improve after the erbium treatment. 

Emily Altman, MD
Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Start IPL Treatments After Erbium Laser

+1

The average healiong period after Erbium Laser therapy is 2 to 6 weeks. Therefore I recommend waiting at least 6 weeks, but CHECK with the laser doctor! From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski, 305 598 0091

Timing of IPL treatment after Erbium resurfacing treatment

+1

We typically have our patients wait at least 8 weeks after a laser resurfacing treatment before performing an IPL treatment.

Be patient. Do not forget to apply an SPF 30 sunscreen daily.

Anifat Balogun, MD