How long after Erbium Laser can I try Dermaroller?

I had Erbium laser about 18days ago. My skin has red streaks all over it, but all the scars and wrinkles are still there. When can I try dermarolling?

Dermaroller after Erbium laser

+1

Thanks for the question.

The answer, in large part, depends on whether you are referring to a surgical derma roller or a home-use derma roller.  For the surgical derma-roller, I would forego treatment until your face has had adequate time to heal, perhaps as much as 4-6 months. The home-use derma roller may be commenced once the skin is fully epithelialized over and the redness has subsided. On average, at the 6 week mark you should be safe. To hedge on the side of caution, you may want to try out a "test area" on your skin and see how it reacts to the derma roller. If one area fares well, your skin will likely do well with the treatment globally. If you are unsure as when to commence the derma roller, follow-up with your treating physician for proper evaluation and recommendation.

Glenn Vallecillos, MD, FACS