Can I use Epiduo against red marks left from acne? (photo)

I have been using epiduo for about a month and i don't feel like i'm having active acne anymore. But i still have a lot of red flat marks. And i wonder how long i should use epiduo against this problem.

Red Acne Scars

+1
The redness you see is acne scarring. If you have red scars from acne they may fade over time but they typically do not “go away” on their own. There is a very effective laser for red acne scars however and it is called Vbeam Perfecta. Vbeam is a pulsed dye laser that is gold standard for removing Red on the skin. It is excellent for red acne scars, broken capillaries, rosacea, port wine stains and many other conditions. Typically you would need a series of treatments anywhere from 3-5 to see best results. Consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist to see if Vbeam is a good option for you.

Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Epiduo for acne

+1
That is great news that you have seen results already from using Epiduo. Studies show it continues to improve acne for 12 weeks so stay with your current regimen. The redness should get better with time. Be sure to use daily sunscreen. I have a list of good sunscreen options on my website. 

Angela Bowers, MD
Southlake Dermatologic Surgeon