Am I a Candidate for Epicanthoplasty and Lateral? (photo)

Hi, please advise, am I suitable for epicathoplasty and lateral?

Epicanthoplasty to "widen the eyes"

+1

If you prefer a wider appearance to the eyes then and epicathoplasty would be a good option for you. This is commonly performed on its own or in combination with double eyelid surgery. As for Lateral? I assume you mean lateral canthoplasty. I don't think you need it and would see how things look after epicanthoplasty before considering it.

Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lateral canthoplasty and medial epicanthoplasty for an Asian Person

+1

In my opinion, because I have done quite a few of both lateral and medial epicanthoplasty, I prefer to first do the medial epicanthoplasty first. I really believe that this is the anatomy that is causing the asian eye appearance in quite a large population of asian peoples. So reconstruction of this is the best and most natural way to reconstruct the appearance of the asian eye and enlarge it in a lateral dimension. I think you could benefit from it. But I would wait on lateral canthoplasty until after you have seen the results of the medial first.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

No not really.

+1

First I am not sure what you mean by lateral.  Do you mean lateral canthoplasty?  Medial canthoplasty is designed to take an inside fold like you have to an outside fold.  This can be a very nice look.  The down side risk is that the surgery does not heal properly and your very beautiful eyes are scared and disfigured in a very visible way.