Epicanthoplasty/Lateral Canthoplasty. Am I a Good Candidate? (photo)

I'm 21 and I wanted to do the surgeries as stated since 14.I am not confident with my look and I hope to enhance my face feature by undergoing the surgeries as I stated. I have never consulted any surgeons so I need some advice. I want my eyes to become longer and wider. Am i suitable to undergo the surgeries? Is there any side effects?

Asian blepharoplasty

+1

I agree with Dr. Lay's assessment. My recommendation would be for a "double eyelid" surgery to create a natural eyelid crease. Epicanthoplasty and lateral canthoplasty often will leave visible scars and unnatural appearing results.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Epicanthoplasty/Lateral Canthoplasty. Am I a Good Candidate?

+1

The partially covered posted photos makes it very hard to advise. I think you are a candidate but best to see a few boarded surgeons in person in your area. 

Epicanthoplasty and lateral canthoplasty

+1

Hi Tartiana,

If you're trying to elongate your eyes as well as create a bigger crease I'd be careful.  You could always do the epicanthoplasty later (same for lateral) if you thought your eyes weren't big enough after upper eyelid work.  There's a couple of reasons for holding back on the epicanthoplasty:

1. You're young and surgery is permanent in many senses of the word.  Epicanthoplasty is very hard to revision.

2.  You may look create with just the upper eyelid work to create a bigger crease.

3.  There are not that many surgeons who are great at epicanthoplasties and lateral canthoplasty has mixed results.

Best of luck

chase Lay MD

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Epicanthoplasty & Lateral Canthoplasty

+1

Hello Tartiana!  You must be a little shy....and that's OK.  Remember, eyelid surgery may be the last thing you really need, but Facial Cosmetic Surgeons do perform special cosmetic procedures for the Asian Eye.  Please consult with your Facial Surgeons carefully as you proceed.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon