Possible to Have Surgery To Enhance My Epicanthal Folds?

Good morning, I have epicanthal folds because I'm half Asian but unfortunately I don't look exotic at all. I do not want monolids because I know there is no surgery to get them. I would like to hold a surgery to accentuate my epicanthal folds. Is it possible? Thank you very much!!!

Can an epicanthal fold be enhanced?

+2

Generally speaking, the answer is yes. I get this request frequently and all I can tell you is that every Asian and/or Eurasian eyelid is different from the last.  Wish I could be more help but I'd need at least a photo.  To give you a broad description:  You'd likely need to advance some skin/tissue from adjacent areas to achieve this.

Best of luck

Chase Lay, MD

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Not best

+1

This is an unusual request. I think it's best not to pursue a procedure where the results are less predictable than more established procedures.

Amiya Prasad, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Enhancing epicanthal folds in Asian Blepharoplasty

+1

I specialize in Asian Blepharoplasty and this would be one approach that is not well defined in the literature. Epicanthal folds can be changed to more caucasian folds and this is something that is documented better. I would be weary of getting this done until a more established procedure exists and is developed.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

No photos so this answer is entirely hypothetical.

+1

Hypothetically it is possible to deepen the inside fold which can accentuate the epicentral fold.  A more definite answer requires a personal consultation or at best an actual photograph.