Will an ENT Doctor Improve the Look and Shape of my Nose with Septoplasty?

My septum is severely deviated and I do suffer from breathing complications and chronic sinus infections. I want a septoplasty along with sinus surgery but I also want for my nose to look different. Is it possible for an ENT doctor to do this? All while being covered entirely by insurance?

+1

Man ENT surgeons are very experienced Rhinoplasty Surgeons.  Ask your surgeon if he's comfortable doing the aesthetic changes to your nose with a Rhinoplasty.

Improving the look and shape of the nose

+1

Hello, and sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing. It is possible to improve your breathing and improve the appearance of your nose with a septorhinoplasty. I would recommend having a board certified rhinoplasty specialist perform your surgery. Depending on your insurance company, they will likely cover some or all of the functional portion of your surgery. Any cosmetic work would be billed separately. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Combining septoplasty, sinus surgery and rhinoplasty

+1

You can absolutely combine functional septoplasty and sinus surgery with cosmetic rhinoplasty to change the outward appearance of your nose. Septoplasty alone doesn't normally change the outward appearance of your nose, though.

Insurance likely wouldn't cover the cosmetic portion, though you may have external aspects of your nose that relate to your breathing problems (such as valve collapse) that may be covered.

Not all otolaryngologists (ENT doctors) do rhinoplasty so you'd likely be best served by finding one who also has facial plastic surgery board certification.

You can check out my web reference below to read more about septoplasty.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Rhinoplasty with septoplasty

+1

Dear Bianca2727,

• I would suggest going to an ENT doctor who has had training in facial plastic surgery or does plenty of rhinoplasty
  • It can be done all at the same time as your other surgeries
  • It would not entirely be covered under insurance, there is usually a cosmetic fee that is nominal that would take care of your cosmetic issues

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

More than septal surgery may be required.

+1

A deviated septum repair will not significantly change the shape of the nose, usually, and may require additional rhinoplasty surgery. Many ENT surgeons are skilled in this procedure, but the level of expertise varies. Talk to your surgeon about this, and ask frankly if insurance coverage is likely to apply.

Harrison C. Putman III, MD
Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

There are many good ENT surgeon who do cosmetic Rhinoplasty also at the same time with septoplasty. Talk to your doctor