How Can I Ensure That a Double Eyelid Procedure Will Keep Certain Ethnic Qualities?

Double Eyelid Procedure and Retaining Ethnicity

+1

One needs to be very careful in matching contour of eyelid in a double eyelid procedure and maintain ethnicity and should see a Plastic surgeon who has experience and expertise with Ethnic eyelids, especially Asian eyelids.

Performing an excellent, naturally appearing blepharoplasty on ethnic eyelids is an art.

+1

You should consult with a well respected eyelid surgeon in your area who has extensive experience in performing eyelid surgery on ethnic eyes.  As to see lots of before and after photos of the surgeon's work.

Web reference: http://www.gatewaylasercenter.com/EyelidSurgery.html

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

I do not think that a particular set of credentials will help you here.

+1

You really need to search out a cosmetic eyelid surgeon who devotes a significant portion of their practice to performing or correcting Asian double fold surgery.  That level of expertise is needed to make more likely you will have a successful surgical outcome.

Ethnic Eyelid Surgery

+1

There are definite differences in eyelid anatomy across ethnic groups, and these determine subtle differences in the approach to eyelid surgery.  I recommend that you see an eyelid specialist who will appreciate these differences and deliver the result you want.  The best way to find one is to look for a member of the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ASOPRS).  You can find one in your area on the ASOPRS website, ASOPRS.org.

Lone Tree Oculoplastic Surgeon