How Can I Ensure That All of the Botox Units I Purchased Are Being Injected?

I am trying to get Botox for the first time and would like to know if there is a way to verify whether all of the units of Botox I have been sold are being actually injected.

Am i really getting Botox?

+2

I frequently hear, "How do I know if I am getting Real Botox?" or "How do I know if got the the amount of units that I paid for?"  To be honest, I am shocked because the real question is, "Why would one go to a provider that they do not trust?" To save a buck? It is not worth it!  First and foremost, go to a reputable provider--someone that you trust. Question #1: Am I getting real Botox (US version)? That is a problem, because you as a patient may not know if they are buying the product from the US (if one is being treated in the US). This is a big problem in Florida. A sure tip off is if the deal sounds too good to be true, it is too good to be true. If you find a "deal", there is a good chance it is not the US authentic Botox.  Regarding units, the proof is in the results. If you get good results, you get good results--so do not worry if 20 units or 25 units were used.

Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

How to ensure all units of Botox purchased are being injected?

+2

To be honest, there is no way for sure for you to know how many units of Botox are being injected for your treatment.  It really just comes down to trusting the physician who is treating you.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Thank you for your question. I would recommend being treated under the supervision of a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon for safest and best treatment option. You can ask your injector to verify the amount of units being injected. I hope this helps.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist

Getting the proper amount of botox

+1

You need to find a Dr that you can trust and produces great results each time your are treated. If you are questioning the number of units you are receiving Im guessing you havent been happy with the results and are needing more units. Do your research and find a Dr in your area that comes highly recommended. If you are in Los Angeles feel free to come in for a consultation. Best of luck 

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

Ensuring treatment is as advertised

+1

The best way to be confident all Botox units that are purchased are being injected is to seek out a physician you trust.  I would think it exceedingly rare for any board-certified doctors to short-change you in this way.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Getting the Botox You Purchased

+1

The foundation of the Doctor-Patient relationship is based on trust. If you are unsure what is being used and how much is being used, then just ask. But, again, you must put your trust and confidence in the answer given. That is a judgment call on your part.

Gus Galante, MD
Schererville Plastic Surgeon

+1

Go to an experienced MD and do not fall for a "too good to be true price".  If you need to be concerned that the MD is not giving you the amount that is deserved, you are in the wrong office.  Find another doctor that you can trust.  The amount of Botox delivered is just the tip of the iceberg in the patient-doctor trust department when having elective plastic surgery treatments or surgery.

Botox real units

+1

There is no way for you to check the real botox units, other than making sure you go to a reputable doctor.  Please check their credentials and reputation.  There are lots of practioners that order Botox illegally from overseas and they don't even know what they are getting.  Check the Allergan website to find a doctor that has an account with Allergan and orders it legally, and check to see if the doctor is board certified in an appropriate specialty like dermatology or plastic surgery via the American board of medical specialties. 

Rebecca Baxt, MD
Paramus Dermatologist

Caveat emptor, Let the buyer beware

+1

This is a frequent question and the only answer is that you have to trust your physician that he is injecting the number of units that you have  paid for.  If you trust a physician to do the job you have to trust that is doing what you want.  If Botox is diluted to deceive a patient it will not work as well.   Caveat emptor, Let the buyer beware.  

Am I getting all the Botox I purchased??

+1

The best way to know that you are getting what you are paying for is to use a doctor hat you trust. Everyone dilutes their Botox differently so you can not know by measuring volume or number of injections. If you got Botox all the time you would have a better way to judge whether the results are as expected. Use someone that you trust and have faith.

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist