How Much Enlargement Can I Expect from 1 Syringe of Restylane? (photo)

I'm planning on getting restylane injections soon and my plastic surgeon and I decided we would start of with 1 syringe. I was wondering if that would be enough to give them a decent plump? I used to use this suction device to make my lips look bigger temporarily and I liked the size it gave me. The picture is what my lips look like normally compared to after the suction. Would 1 syringe of Restylane get me close to that? or more? Thank you

How Much Enlargement Can I Expect from 1 Syringe of Restylane?

+1

You will be able to achieve your desired look with 1 syringe of Restylane, If you still want a more prominent plump look, you can always re-inject more HA filler.

1 Syrenge of Restylane

+1

You will have a prettty similar result than when you used the suction device with 1ml of Restylane

Jhonny Salomon, MD

Lip augmentation with Restylane filler

+1

One syringe of Restylane should be sufficient to add an appropriate volume to lips. You may always come back for more lip enhancement. It's generally better to build up lip volume gradually overtime, rather than have too much at once.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Most patients need 1 syringe for lip augmentation

+1

For most patients, 1 syringe of HA filler (Juvederm or Restylane) is sufficient to give a nice, natural result.  To be clear, Juvederm in the lips is an off label use, while Restylane is approved for use in the lips.  That being said, there are many thousands of patients who have had Juvederm in the lips with great results.  

1 syringe of Restylane (or Juvederm) will get you close to what you got with your suction device.

Michael Bowman, MD
Montgomery Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Hyaluronic Acids (HAs) are often injected into and around the lips for enhancements. I usually start with one syringe or one cc and let the swelling subside after a week or two before injecting more. It is always easier to add more than it is do try to dissolve it evenly with hyaluronidase (an HA dissolver).

Also, make sure that the injector injects most of the product into the vermillion or pink part of the lip and not just the edge or junction of the skin as the latter gives an unnatural or duck-bill look that looks very artificial.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Lip augmentation

+1

Lip augmentation with a syringe of filler may give you what you desire, but if after two weeks you feel that it is not full enough, then you can have more.

You most definitely do not need more than 1 ml of Restylane.

+1

You want lip improvement that is natural.  Juevederm is not the product for this because it diffuses away from where it is placed.  Restylane holds very well.  Just as important what product you are using is who does your treatment.  You are not getting product, you are getting your lips sculpted.  Done correctly, I assure you, you will love your treatment.

Restylane in lips

+1

Restylane is used IN THE LIP,  not just around the border, by many injectors. I prefer Restylane over Juvederm and feel that it last for about the same amount of time. Restylane is a bit firmer feeling. You should be able to achieve the change that is in the photo with one syringe or less.  

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Restylane enlarged lips

+1

Restylane is used to inject around the edges of the lips to give some modest enhancement for several months. I personally prefer Juvederm since it will last about a year. However, for fuller  and a longer lasting effect, I recommend fat injections to the lips. No filler can perform like your own fat.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon