Enlarged Cartilage on Right Nostril? (photo)

I have just recently noticed that I appear to have enlarged cartilage on my right nostril creating an odd, disc like appearance. Looking through old photographs, I appear to have had the problem for at least a year. However, it appears to have gotten significantly worse in recent weeks. I haven't had any surgery of any type. Wondering what the procedure - if anything - would be to get it reduced?

Asymmetric Tip Cartilages

+1

The photos show asymmetrical and inverted lower lateral cartilages of the tip.  A tip-plasty or full rhinoplasty would correct this nose.  Look for a rhinoplasty surgeon who has performed thousands, not hundreds of nasal surgeries because this nose is difficult.

Asymmetry in the Nostrils Can Be Improved

+1

Everyone has asymmetries between the right and left sides of their face and nose.  When looking at your pictures, you have asymmetries between your 2 nostrils.  A rhinoplasty can improve the symmetry in your nose.  

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cartilage Bump and Asymmetry

+1

The cartilage bump and asymmetry can be corrected with a closed rhinoplasty (no visible scars).   Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who has performed hundreds of rhinoplasties.

Enlarged Cartilage on Right Nostril

+1

Based on the photos you submitted, the biggest difference between one year ago and today appears to be the lighting in the submitted photo. You do appear to have some asymmetry in your lower lateral cartilage which creates the external asymmetry that you note. This can be improved with a rhinoplasty. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon