Enlarging Small, Piggish Nose Possible?

I have a very small, piggish nose and if I could, I would like to get it somehow made bigger; is there anyway at all for this to be done?

Small nose can be made larger

+1

It is impossible to tell what the description is of a piggish nose. However, the tip can be made wider and larger with cartilage grafts. The bridge can also be made higher, with grafts from the ear, nose, or rib. This change can alter the nose within limits. The skin envelope cannot be expanded, and that will be the limiting factor on your nose.

Nasal Augmentation

+1

Yes, a nose can be enlarged and lengthened. Typically, we use cartilage from the nasal septum, the ear, or the ribs. Augmentation procedures are done everyday. Proceed with caution, but confidence.

Correction of the short, upturned, or "piggish" nose.

+1

Yes there is. It may involve cartilage grafting from either your septum (nose), ear, or rib. Many surgeons use a technique called a septal extension graft to achieve correction of the "short" or upturned nose.

Improving a nose

+1

A rhinoplasty to improve s shortened nose may help improve your appearance. Of course, the best way to know is to have an exam by a qualified surgeon and see what he/she suggests.

Yes your nose can be improved with a rhinoplasty probably with dorsal grafting and lengthening

+1

Rhinoplasty on a small up turned nose is tougher than a more standard reduction rhinoplasty but with on lay cartilage with nasal lengthening nice results are possible. Make sure you see a plastic surgeon with much experience. 

Carl W. 'Rick' Lentz III, MD

Enlarging a small piggish nose

+1

It can be enlarged by giving the illusion of a big nose. The piggish nose typically looks small because of an upturned tip and no height. The cartilage from the nasal septum or ears can be used to augment the dorsum (the top of the nose) and the tip can be turned down a bit to give the illusion of a bigger nose.

Regards

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty; Making a Small Nose Larger

+1

Hi Becca,

It is easier to make a large nose smaller than vice versa.

Augmentation rhinoplasty can help to make a small nose larger through the use of cartilaginous grafts.  We would need to see photos of your nose to best answer your request.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

A nose can be made longer

+1

A nose can be made longer, closing the angle between the columella and the lip. This is done through an open rhinoplasty approach. I free up the tip surgically and then place a very thin strut on the top of the nose to push it where it should be in 3 dimensional space. Most often I use a thin sheet of Medpore, but not always.