Does the Enhanced Warranty Typically Cover the Cost for New Implants After Deflation?

I recently had my left Mentor saline implant deflate. I had my BA in March of 2006 and purchased the extra coverage so that I would get the free implants and $2400 towards the surgery. Is that enough??? Also, do you usually have to pay up front and wait for reimbursement? I'm hoping not because I can't afford it right now, and I know if I wait, scar tissue will begin forming around the now smaller implant!

Deflation of Breast Implants

+1

In the event of a qualifying deflation of a saline filled breast implants they will replace the product free of charge (for the lifetime of the patient).  Regarding the financial assistance to return to the operating room to replace the implant  -The breast implant companies offer financial assistance (it's a great thing you chose the enhanced warranty) and that money will go towards surgery.

Speak with your surgeon regarding the specific fees and how they will charge you.  If it is helpful for a previous patient of mine, I will perform the surgery and have the implant company re-imburse my office (because it does take 6-8 weeks).  If, however, a new patient with a deflation is having surgery, they would be responsible for the fees and the implant company would reimburse the patient directly.

Best Wishes!

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastrevision.htm

Warranty of implants

+1

I think that this is a good deal and provides for assistance and partial payment  for future surgery if you need it.

Warranty coverage of ruptured implants

+1

This is the value of a good patient-doctor relationship. In my existing patients I often extend this courtesy. However, in patients with whom I am not familar, I would ask for prepayment as I do with all my new patients.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/

Enhanced Warranty

+1

You will have to pay for the fees up front and wait for the reimbursement after Mentor receives the deflated breast implant. The payment you will receive from Mentor will only help you pay for some of the costs associated with surgery and you will be responsible for anything that exceeds $2,400.00 . Good luck.

Warranty for a Mentor Implant

+1

Mentor won't send reimbursement until they receive the removed implant(s). But they are very good about sending a check as soon as possible once they have evaluated the deflated implant. Since your surgery was 4 years ago, your surgeon probably will not do the surgery at "no charge", and then you also have anesthesia fees, and surgery center or hospital charges. It is very fortunate that you took advantage of the "enhanced warranty" but it is likely that it will not cover all fees. You need to speak to your surgeon and see if you can work something out, each office has their own policies.

Breast Implant Warranty

+1

The two US manufacturers, Allergan and Mentor, both provide lifetime replacement of breast implants if they leak. They also provide financial assistance to help defray the cost of the surgery to replace the implants.

Depending on the the warranty, there will likely still be some out of pocket costs, even with the enhanced warranties. Breast implant replacement tends to be less expensive and an easier recovery when compared to the initial breast augmentation surgery.

Details of the warranties can be found on the  link below, including links the the manufactures warranty pages (updated for 2010)

Web reference: http://www.sanfranciscoplasticsurgeryblog.com/what-is-the-warranty-for-your-breast-implants-bay-area/

Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon

Mentor and Allergan breast implant warranties

+1

Both Allergan and Mentor warranty their breast implant devices for life- meaning- if one fails (leaks), you get a new implant for free- but NOT a free replacement surgery. The extended warranty will offset some of the actual costs of the surgery, but likely not all of it. 

Web reference: http://www.breastlift-seattle.com

Warranty Covers Replacement Implant after Deflation

+1

The two major implant manufacturers will always replace a deflated at no cost.  The extended warranty has some other perks (coverage associated costs, replacement of intact contralateral implant for a slightly different size, etc.) for a defined period of time.  They do require your payment of costs, howver, following which they will reimburse you.

Warranty Always Covers The Implant For Deflation

+1

All of the implants, regardless of whether they are saline or silicone, are covered for lifetime with regards to a deflation.  With the saline enhanced warranty, it covers $2400 as well for surgery cost.  Depending on how much your surgeon charges, the $2400 may or may not cover all the expenses.  That is something you would have to check with them.  Generally, the costs are due up front, and once the warranty is reimbursed, it gets passed back on to the patient.

Barrington Plastic Surgeon