Do You Think Implant Will Get Me From B to D?

hi I was wondering for some advice im 5ft 10, size 8 117lbs currently wearing a 32b but possibly I could be an A cup, bwd 12cm height 10 cm. im having 365cc hp allergan inspira round implant under muscle. do you think ill be a d cup after? ive added a pic. also my surgeon told me to buy a 34 c/32d bra after op after swelling do you think ill end up smaller? I really would love to be a 32d. thank you.

Will implants get me from a B to a D

+1

Yes, an implant can increase your volume.  Cup sizes are difficult to predict as bras are so different depending on manufacturers.  A range is more realistic, i.e. full C/small D.  A cup size is about 200cc so a minimum of a 400cc implant would be a good starting point to try them on.  An in person exam is necessary.  Good luck!  ac 

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

D cup breast for 5ft 10 inch frame

+1

Not even close- 325cc implants on your frame with the size you are starting at now will get you to a medium C cup. You will need around 460 500cc to get to D cup- Hope that helps in de cision making.

Phillip R. Craft, MD

Implant size

+1

It is very difficult to predict what cup size you will be after your procedure.  Cup sizes are not standardized.  So a D cup in one designer could be a C cup or B cup in another designer.   This is the approach I use to help guide my patients with their implant size selection:

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.
 Based on your pictures you are starting at a "good point" and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.

As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.
 The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “full C or D” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Bra Cup Size After Breast Augmentation

+1

Despite the photos and information submitted with your question, an online answer is not likely as accurate as determination of your surgeon based on live physical examination of your shape, dimensions, skin elasticity, chest anatomy, and other features.  Additionally, cup size is variable among bra manufacturers and style, and can be difficult to precisely anticipate for all types of bras.  Some women wear cup sizes different than their expected size for comfort and personal preference.

Steve Laverson, MD