Please Help Me Identify What This Mass is in my Nose? (photo)

This mass has not responded to antibiotics that I have been on for 1 month. 1 Month ago it was popped with a needle in hospital and drained some pus. It was lanced again one week ago and bled, but no pus. Also the skin is red and raised on the outside. It is very uncomfortable and I am quite distressed. I am 2 months post op from an extensive revision rhinoplasty, septoplasty and turbinate surgery. My surgeon is over 10 hours away by plane. Seen on NHS but been discharged by the consultant.

Nose infection

+1

This mass is not normal. Since it is arising from a specific location, I would expect that it is a stitch abscess. Your surgeon might be 10 hours away by plane but telephones work well. You might want to find out if he uses permanent sutures, or implants.

Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

This not normal, need to be examined properly by your surgeon or a plastic surgeon, excision may be required depending on the physical examination

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.