Do You Think my Implants Rejected?

Back in 2011 I had saline breast implants put in (behind the muscle) as part of a 3 stage breast reconstruction a few months after I came back from work and noticed a lump on my right breast (cleavage part). I had no pain but it reminded me of a football that’s had the leather ripped open and the rubber pushed out slightly. The lump has gone but now my breast feels hard and somewhat uncomfortable at times. My right breast also pushed up higher than the left one. Do you think my breast has rejected?

Implant rejection

+1

a bulge in the implant could be a tear in the capsule, a tear in the shell of the implant or, something else.  you should get that examined by a board certified plastic surgeon.

Firm breast after reconstruction may be contracture

+1

Without an examination it is impossible to advise but form the description it soulds like you may have a capsular contracture. This is not a rejection of the implant, but a thickened scar capsule around the it. You will need to have this evaluated by your surgeon.

Richard Baxter, MD

Rejected implants?

+1

Implants are inert and are not "rejected."  You may be feeling the implant itself, but without an exam it is difficult to say.

Breast Implants

+1

The bulge you had could be the implant, herniated through.

There is no rejection of breast implants, silicone shell is very innert.

You may have displaced implantupwards. Need to review the original operative note to make a proper diagnosis. Your plastic surgeon should be able to help.