LLC Debulking with out Consent or Desire from Patient Who Specifically Said They Liked Their Nasal Tip?

After septorhinoplasty my result was devastating I complained to my surgeon. In a letter from him, one thing included was debulking left lower cartilage. I didn't want my tip changed My tip changed to asymmetric and much smaller after and I couldn't understand why. At a meeting after my complaint, he said what he meant in letter was that you need to remove a tiny sliver of tip on one side for closed rhinoplasty incision. My question Is is there any truth in this? or is it untrue?

Rhinoplasty Approach through Intercartilaginous Incisions

+2

When the bony and cartilaginous structures of the nasal skeleton are exposed through a "close rhinoplasty" approach, an incision is made on the inside of the nose between the upper lateral and lower lateral cartilages. This is generally done when dorsal hump reduction is planned. Unless a "cephalic trim" of the lower lateral cartilage, (specifically, the lateral crurae) is planned in addition to the dorsal hump reduction, cartilage is not typically removed.

Hope this answers your question.

Gregory C. Park, M.D.

Closed rhinoplasty surgery

+1

Dear KAPM,

• There is truth to this, as we make changes to the nose, we notice certain things that need to be done
  • The nose is a three dimensional structure and when we make changes to the profile, it also makes changes to the frontal view
  • Even making the incisions to expose the nose causes changes unless we re-support or do something to the cartilages
  • If it has not been 6 months, you should wait it out until all the healing settles

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD