Can Deep Scarring on the Nose Be Corrected? (photo)

Hi, 10 week after having my daughter i broke out in shingle on my nose (that is was Dr thinks it was)& I have been left with 4or5 deep round(ish) scars (inverted/atrophic) which look awful in certain lights. It's 2 years dwon the line now & I have had 4 fraxel laser treatments to try & smooth down the edges, but i havent seen a vast improvment (family seem to think they look a bit better). Can u advise if further laser is recommended? Derma Roller? Fillers? It has really dented my confidence.

Scar revision on the nose

+1

Fractional laser skin resurfacing can help smooth out the scar on the nose.  Pre treatment with meds may be necessary to avoid recurrence of shingles.

Can Deep Scarring on the Nose Be Corrected?

+1

This type of scarring can typically be improved. My go to technique is dermabrasion which is essentially "sanding" of the nasal skin to smooth the scar tissue and trigger some new collagen formation. It is particularly effective for the nose. It heals very nicely and is low risk in experienced hands. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon