I had a breast aug when I was 22. They were hardly a AA cup. Could I have the tissue removed and new implants?

At the age of 45 having gone through augmentation to a C cup originally(age 22 )I breast fed my children and my chest has expanded so much they are too big now. Could I have all tissue removed and new implants. My weight has went from 140--170lb over the years with a height of 5 ft 7. Thank you.

You may find that a lift gives you great results without new implants.

+1
A change in breast size following pregnancy and the associated weight fluctuation plus nursing is not at all uncommon. Depending on how large your breasts are now and if their position has changed significantly, you may find that performing a complete explantation of your implants combined with a breast lift to reshape your natural tissue (and possibly a reduction, depending on your goals) can give you a very nice result. However, since you’ve asked about removing the tissue, I suspect you may prefer the appearance of an augmented breast. In that scenario, I would combine a breast reduction with implant replacement of an appropriate size. Of course, it’s hard to make an informed recommendation without photos, so I suggest scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in breast implant revision for an in-person consultation.

Breast Implant Exchange

+1
Exchanging breast implants is a very common procedure for women especially after the natural changes to the breasts from pregnancy, breast feeding and/or fluctuations in weight. If your breasts feel too big now, an option may be to exchange for smaller implants and have a breast lift (mastopexy) at the same time.

George John Alexander, MD, FACS

Breast Implant Revision and Lift or Reduction after Breast Feeding

+1
Thank you for your question. Most women experience change in their breasts over time and after pregnancy. You have many options open to you such as implant revision, breast lift, implant removal, or breast reduction. Or possibly a combination of those. my best advice is to make an appointment to be evaluated by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with experience in breast surgery. Good luck to you.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

A woman's body often changes with time.

+1
The good news is that you have many options.  I would need to see photos to tell you what might be best, but more importantly it is important to think through what size breasts you wish to have…then discuss the options with your plastic surgeon.  You may be able to remove the implants altogether. You may opt for a simple implant size change, or you may need a lift with to without reduction of the breast tissue (and probably some fat) that has come with pregnancy and weight change over the years.  

Mary Gingrass, MD

Breast surgery

+1
Without seeing you in person or at least photos, it is difficult to tell you what might be reasonable for you. Post photos if you can. Best of luck.

Could I have the tissue removed and new implants?

+1
Thee best answer is just the opposite. The breast reduction should be done by removing the implants and then reposition your tissues higher with a lift

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

When you own breast tissue increases with age

+1
you have an opportunity to perhaps do without implants and the risks and costs that come with them.  See your surgeon about explant and mastopexy versus reaugmentation with mastopexy and choose what is best for you.

Curtis Wong, MD

Remove implants placed over 20 years ago

+1
Thanks for your question.  I would consider removal of the implant rather than breast tissue.  It is possible that if the implant is removed you may need a breast lift.   Photos would be helpful for an evaluation.  

Smaller

+1
The simple answer is yes you can have smaller breasts but why do you want to remove all your breast tissue unless you have an increased risk of breast cancer not mentioned

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

You almost certainly can get smaller breasts...

+1
I'll start off with the usual disclaimer - it's hard to know exactly what you need without photos and a clinical exam.

That being said, if you're like most women who have had breast implants for many years (particularly those who breast fed their children), the breast skin envelope has almost certainly stretched out over the years. To get smaller breasts, you'd likely need a combination of breast implant exchange (for smaller implants), removal of some or all of the breast capsule (capsulectomy), and removal of redundant breast skin with probable lifting of the nipple areola complex (mastopexy or breast lift). A smaller, perkier result should be possible with a combination of these procedures.

Hope this helps!

Sam Jejurikar, MD